• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
What would you choose.

PIC King Air 90 flying about 400hours a year air ambulance - have to move away from home and sign a 1 year agreement, pay low 40's.

or

Regionals - pay sucks but I'd get to have some sort of life at home, more flight time, better benifits, and a future if I don't get an interview with a good fractional.

My goal being NJA or Flex within the next year or so what would you choose and why.

currently laid off at 2450TT and 1000multi (former freight dog)

Last edited:
If you have your ATP I would suggest to go ahead and apply to both fractionals, who knows it could be that you might get an interview. If you dont then I suggest talking to some of the people who came from the regionals as they will tell you the first year is very hard since you will be making around 15k a year ( NET) and be scheduling's bitch.

What would you choose.

PIC King Air 90 flying about 400hours a year air ambulance - have to move away from home and sign a 1 year agreement, pay low 40's.

or

Regionals - pay sucks but I'd get to have some sort of life at home, more flight time, better benifits, and a future if I don't get an interview with a good fractional.

My goal being NJA or Flex within the next year or so what would you choose and why.

currently laid off at 2450TT and 1000multi (former freight dog)

I don't have the atp yet...I imagine I could get it when I do SIMCOM with the KA.

As for regional pay, Im in a position where I could accept the crap pay for a year.(spent all last year paying off Credit cards and excess debt)

I'd agree with the others. The King Air is the better choice. And make sure you get the ATP while at Simcom - having the ATP is a prerequisite for NetJets, as you may already know. Going the regional route, you'd most likely have to pay for the ATP out of your own pocket.

If you are wondering, NetJets hires people without jet experience. That said, I see you list the 550 in your profile. But I just mention this in case you were wondering if it would hurt your chances if you aren't currently flying a jet when you apply or interview.

Best of luck to you.

thanks for the replies guys...i've been working over the decision all day and theres big trade off's either way.

Latest resources

Back