Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

which is easier to fly: metro 3 or saab 340?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best part about flying a Saab is that when your feelin pressure on the big O-ring you have a place to ease it out. If the same thing happens in the Metro your emptying your flight case in a hurry and lining it with a trash bag. Just try flying around sitting on your flight case while it's on top of your seat in the weather and all the time talking to ATC without grunting. I vote for the Saab over the Pipe. And lets all remember that this is all predicated on a high fiber diet. If you've been knocking back Taquila the night before all of the rules change. In situations like that, as a precaution you'll be lining your flight case just to fart.

The Pipe

The Texas tampon is one of the hardest a/c I have ever flown. Yes, once you get some time in it, it gets easier but no matter what, it is trying when it loads on ice and you are shooting 190' below minimums single pilot. The SAAB doesn't hold a candle to the pipe, it's way to stable. If I had a choice, I'd pick the lawn dart anyday, it makes you a real dog.

The tampon makes men out of crew and maintenance alike. Once you fly or work on it, everything else is easy! I kinda have a soft spot for them!

The work load on a Saab is reduced greatly with the auto-pilot. When things are going down the crapper you can rely on George. In the metro, you are on your own. However, if an interveiw sim eval is on the horizon, your scan will never be better after coming out of a metro.

If you are talking about learning the airplane, the Metro is easier to learn. If you are talking about flying an airplane, the SAAB is easier to fly.

I'd keep this in mind, heavy airplanes look better to some employers, but then again so does single pilot flying. However, turboprop PIC time is the thing to get. So, if you are talking left seat of a Metro or right seat in a Saab, take the metro. In fact, take the aircraft that gets you to the left seat the quickest. If you are going straight into the left seat of the Saab than take it.

Confused enough?

Latest resources

Back