Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
Now that Meigs is closed, where do I land in Chicago. My pax need to go downtown. Is MDW the closest/best?

Also, which FBO is the one to use at the best airport?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Chicago airports

PWK - just kidding! Operating out of Palwaukee is nothing more than a prolonged suicide attempt.

DuPage (DPA) is wonderful as is Waukegan (UGN).

But, for proximty....

MDW works for me, but if I was going to get a runway incursion, Midway would be the airport for it to happen. Be careful out there.

Nice tag line - Not!

GV

Thanks for the input. I've never flown a trip to Chicago. Goin' next weekend...

Nice tag line - Not!

What? You don't like American Pie?

Re: Re: Chicago airports

Falcon Capt said:
Maybe in one of those "Gulfstreams"... ;) :p

The Falcons do just fine in and out of airports like that. :D :p

My comment was referencing all the light aircraft around PWK - do Falcons have a special "Mojo" or something like a "Force Field" to keep them from playing "Mingle-Wing" with all the Cherokees, Apaches, Commanches and Navahos swarming around Palwaukee down there in "Indian Country"? Or maybe you just close your eyes and use the "Force". Voice over from Sir Alec Guinness as Obe Wan Kenobe now appears, "Use the Force Falcon Captain, use the Force.";)

By the way, we seem to work in some kind of cycle. For a while it was all mountain destinations. Recently, for me, it's been shorter strips - Sea Isle, Carlsbad, Hyannis, and the short runway at Republic. All in the G-IV as opposed to the GV withn it's 25 knot slower ref speeds. I expect next week they'll be wanting me to take the G-IV into London Downtown.

GV

Re: Re: Re: Chicago airports

GVFlyer said:
My comment was referencing all the light aircraft around PWK - do Falcons have a special "Mojo" or something like a "Force Field" to keep them from playing "Mingle-Wing" with all the Cherokees, Apaches, Commanches and Navahos swarming around Palwaukee down there in "Indian Country"? Or maybe you just close your eyes and use the "Force". Voice over from Sir Alec Guinness as Obe Wan Kenobe now appears, "Use the Force Falcon Captain, use the Force.";)

You mean they didn't tell you about this feature????

We have an onboard Super Aircraft Avoidance Modulator unit which forces all other aircraft away from us with a force vector on the magnatude of 8 to the 10th power, divided by the target crafts drag polar (squared).

It is quite the device... I am surprised the Gulfstream doesn't have that as standard equipment... Oh well, I learn something new everyday! ;) :D :p

We have an onboard Super Aircraft Avoidance Modulator unit which forces all other aircraft away from us with a force vector on the magnatude of 8 to the 10th power, divided by the target crafts drag polar (squared).

You know, that's funny you should mention that Falcon Capt. Many months ago, I was on a 5 mile final to 17L at AUS, and some jack@ss in a white and blue 900EX (coming from somewhere in Chicago I think) cuts me off! Before I had a chance to take evasive action, I found myself suddenly lined up with 17R. It was the strangest thing. Now I know what it was that pushed me over to 17R like that. ;) ;) ;) :D

Go get some "Presidential Service" at DB Aviation at UGN. Super nice facilities, good coffee, and all the cookies you can handle!

Cheers,
SK:cool:

Latest resources

Back