Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which airline is going to buy Hawaiian Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta gobbles up both Alaska and Hawaiian, renames itself Neo and rules as the one true American airline. That's a lot of wind checks. sigh.

Hawaiian regional, hmmm! Keep it on the same seniority list guys, learn from the mistakes of others
Our scope already allows a wholly owned feeder with restrictions.
- Turboprop 69 seats or less, 69k lbs MTOW
- No reduction to 717 inter-island block hours
- At least 29,000 717 block hours in any 12 consecutive months
- No furloughs of any Hawaiian pilots due to feeder inter-island flying
- No flying on the major city pairs the 717s fly (HNL-LIH, HNL-ITO, HNL-KOA, and HNL-OGG)
- If there are furloughed Hawaiian pilots due to other reasons, they get first interview/hire at the feeder.

Last edited:
Our scope already allows a wholly owned feeder with restrictions.
- Turboprop 69 seats or less, 69k lbs MTOW
- No reduction to 717 inter-island block hours
- At least 29,000 717 block hours in any 12 consecutive months
- No furloughs of any Hawaiian pilots due to feeder inter-island flying
- No flying on the major city pairs the 717s fly (HNL-LIH, HNL-ITO, HNL-KOA, and HNL-OGG)
- If there are furloughed Hawaiian pilots due to other reasons, they get first interview/hire at the feeder.

Solid scope in comparisson to the 'industry leading' contracts that have been voted in very recently..

Ok, so Hawaiian gets regional feed, I see their 71's gone!

Ok, so you allow turboprops, which a Q400 is THE perfect A/C for interisland feed...I see the 71's heading to DAL since someone's finally interested in them. If the pilots are on a different seniority list, then what? I know, I know, "the contract doesn't allow for that" but why would your contract ever let them do it? I'm sure we'll hear from DR, but anyone else there got SN opinion on that? And you would almost have to have the pay be on HAL's payscale in order to afford to live there, otherwise you'll never get (or keep) experienced guys to stay because of the cost of living. Does the HAL contract allow the new operation to codeshare with other ops.? I'm sure everyone going out there is interested in a "new" commuter. Where could these possibly be going that the 717 can't handle? (do they (the government) offer EAS service between any remote spots?
Discuss!
KBB

Last edited:
Ok, so you allow turboprops, which a Q400 is THE perfect A/C for interisland feed...I see the 71's heading to DAL since someone's finally interested in them. If the pilots are on a different seniority list, then what? I know, I know, "the contract doesn't allow for that" but why would your contract ever let them do it? I'm sure we'll hear from DR, but anyone else there got SN opinion on that? And you would almost have to have the pay be on HAL's payscale in order to afford to live there, otherwise you'll never get (or keep) experienced guys to stay because of the cost of living. Does the HAL contract allow the new operation to codeshare with other ops.? I'm sure everyone going out there is interested in a "new" commuter. Where could these possibly be going that the 717 can't handle? (do they (the government) offer EAS service between any remote spots?
Discuss!
KBB

PHJM. They'll also fly them to PHMK and PHNY, two other airports that the 717 does not fly into.

Discuss!
KBB

The Tprop routes that aren't viable for the 717's are LNY, Mkk and JHM. No EAS there. Where the 717's fly now are among the heaviest traveled routes in the country. I think 2 0f the top ten city pairs (HNL-OGG and HNL-LIH) in the U.S are inter-island. HNL to KOA is something like 13th. For that reason, the Q400's don't work, no were near enough seats. As Jim posted and Jar Jar said, we have a good common sense scope that allows for turboprop feed on the routes were turboprops make sense. Hawaiian use to fly Dash 7's on those routes. Back then the Dash 7 pilots were, in fact, on the same seniority list. With the amount of growth we have projected, it would not be possible to hire for a 4th position that would support TProp wages. It has to be done separately to have a chance of being economically viable. Otherwise, newhire Tprop pilots would find themselves senior to A330 F/O's right after they get hired. The nightmare of freezing pilots in their seats and bypass pay would be insurmountable. It just wouldn't work.
Plenty of pilots live over here that don't make "Hawaiian's wages". The cost of living is higher, although SFO tops HNL on the list of most expensive cities. It could be a good job that would allow for either some pilots that are happy to come over and fly inter-island turboprops by choice or create a viable stepping stone to Hawaiian.

we have a good common sense scope that allows for turboprop feed on the routes were turboprops make sense. .

Thanks for a reasonable response...I do hope that the scope language is written better than above, which I'm sure it is...because what is "reasonable" to us may not be "reasonable" to management! I welcome any new jobs!
Later,
KBB

Latest resources

Back