Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotviolin

God, your sky is so big;
Looking at what can leave CRQ (Carlsbad) and make Hawaii with seats full. Just remember CRQ is 4800'. Thanks in advance.

Crq-phnl

GIV will do it up to 25 deg C any day of the year, thats with one butt and one bag in/for every seat. GV, ofcourse ... no problem. GV will take sixteen pax, 3 crew, bags for everyone up to 50 deg C.

TransMach

Last edited:
Crq

We go to CRQ all the time. Runway 24 official takeoff useable is only 4600 feet and that is the runway in use 90% of the time. We have 2000EX airplanes and Hawaii would be difficult off 4600 feet. Maybe the Gulfstreams mentioned or a Falcon 900EX. I hear the Challenger 300 has great numbers, don't know much about the C680 but it has a big fat wing so I assume the runway numbers are good. Good luck. Fly safe.

Falcon 50. Not sure about the G150 - it has the range but probably depends upon the weight and temp like most airplanes.

Pretty sure the Sovereign wouldn't have any issues...watched one depart HXD one day and fly to Cabo San Lucas. Then again, that ain't over a whole lotta ocean, either.

Here is the question that I think you should be asking:

Can the airplane make it, without a wetfoot print in unforcast winds? All of the mentioned airplanes require you to offload fuel to make it. How much reserve does that give you in the event of unforcast winds, altitude or mach changes ect. Once you get out there these changes can a do occur (particularly out of the LA basin) and you will need to have ample fuel to do so.

We regularly make this flight and always land with LOTS of fuel. Particularly westbound when the odds are not in you favor.

If HI is your primary mission then you already know this. If this is going to be a once or twice a year thing you would be best served departing out of SAN or SNA.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

"With seats full" is pretty vague, unless this is just an academic exercise. What's more relevant is "what airplane will carry X number of pax..." otherwise the answers can be pretty useless (Voyager has 2 full seats, but I don't think that's what you're looking for).

"With seats full" is pretty vague, unless this is just an academic exercise. What's more relevant is "what airplane will carry X number of pax..." otherwise the answers can be pretty useless (Voyager has 2 full seats, but I don't think that's what you're looking for).

If we have seats, we fill them up. Our Bosses don't like see seats that could have had people in them, or if they are empty our policy is we can take our family. So we almost always have someone sitting on a seat.

We are looking more in the mid size range right now, but we are looking for something that can get there everyday of the year. We also could look at launching out of SNA if we have too. Anyone have good numbers on the G100, CL300, or C680, 800XP?

Latest resources

Back