Where's Mar?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks and nice job by the way.

I don't know if you were the straw that broke the camel's back but I'll give you a pat on yours for getting the "Political Forum" going.

I think most of us are guilty for indulging ourselves in some political match of wits but this site was almost becoming a platform for some to spout their agendas.

It's really too bad to see that I didn't miss much while I was gone. And the wine, how shall I put this, runs like water in Italy and it's cheaper than water too.

Saluti.
:cool:

I'll take credit for it, even though it probably wasn't me alone, everyone has thought that we needed this forum for a long time.;)

Welcome back to "gods country" Mar! (And no, I'm not trying to start a political/religious/interminably boring thread)

Looks like you got back just in time for thunderstorm season! Too bad I might be abandoning northern Alaska soon. And I guess I'll have to get busy on the tour you promised before I head out.

HAL

Singlecoil said:
Perhaps he is busy tying flies or even getting some of them wet.

Mar, i never knew you were a fly-fisherman, i actually wanted to start a thread in the NON AVIATION RELATED board on this very topic...as a matter of fact i'll do just that...i'm proud to hear that you tie, i tie all my own from steelhead streamers, nymphs and midges, drys, and spin my own bass bugs...the only thing that would disapoint me is if i find you're a "loyal" orvis user...piss on orvis, fish SAGE...

Oh the shame of it all.

Jmmmtttcccc---I don't know how to break this to you.

<thinking to self: Maybe I should just let him believe...>

I.
Don't.
Fish
withflysI'mstrictlyabaitfishermanandnotevenagoodone

There. I said it.

Singlecoil was just being generous, as usual.

But if you're really into the bait vs. fly fishing debate (plus a little philosophy on the side) I'd recommend a book called The River Why by David James Duncan. Maybe you've already read it.

As far as Orvis goes, well, you know what? I'm a pilot, I can't afford that crap. But man, every summer there's a whole squad of Indiana Jones look-a-likes sporting the fedora and olive green threads with brand-new not even broken in $250 Asolo boots and tons of Orvis paraphenalia.

HAL--The offer's still open. PM me anytime.

Last edited:
Look out up there guys. I can tell you for a fact that UPS has been shipping a TON of Cabela's boxes to Fairbanks of late. There will be more new plastic waders in the streams than you can shake a stick at.

The Indiana-Jones looke alikes are on their way...

Too bad I'm allergic to fish. I'm half tempted to go on out there with a rod, and put no bait on it. I mean, they call it "fishing," not "catching" right?

Dan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back