• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where will you be in 5 yrs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with chperplt. I was asked that question in 1988. Although it was three years not five. Without hesitation I said, " flying for Delta " and they still hired me.

Back then it was very uncommon for someone to stay at a commuter ( regional) for more than two years and they knew it. Now it is a different story. It is unlikely there will be any significant hiring by the majors for five years or more so your answer depends on which company and what the hiring environment is. Just be honest.

I was asked that question at a fractional interview about a month ago. I told them I would like to be part of management in five years. They liked it an hired me.
falcondriver

I said I wanted to be Chief Pilot, and I meant it too! I'll take any promotion/upgrade I can get my hands on.

Corporate operator I’m with asked me a question very similar to that one.

“What are your career goals in life”?

I responded to him, “see those four stripes you wear for this company, I want them”.

He smiled, and then offered me the job. That was four and a half years ago and those stripes, I got’em.

TMMT
:cool:

You also have to do a little research on the company. I've heard of a place (Great Lakes) that actually wants you to say that you're going to go to a major or elsewhere.
I can tell you that the wrong answer would be "Are there forced upgrades here?"

Latest resources

Back