Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PimpJuice

Pete Schwetty
I'm going to meet my Dad on Thurs to watch the space shuttle launch from the Cape. Been wanting to do this for years and with only a few launches left want to take advantage.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice as to where to go for the best view? I know there's some tickets sold for a bus ride out to a public viewing area. Looks like all the tickets for that are sold out. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

You might be able to get an ok view from the Titusville airport, or even the parking lot at the visitor's center. Obviously it won't be as good a show as from the viewing area on the causeway, but at least you'll probably see something.

Unless things have changed, the Visitors Center is closed during the launch. You will have to watch it from Titusville. It is 10 miles away, but it is still very cool. Just find an empty lot along the water and park. Kind of fills up fast so get there early. I watched from a lot just south of a restaurant that is on the south side of town. Can't remember the name of it but I am pretty sure it is clad in wood that is stained dark brown. Also I think it is a bbq restaurant. It is straight across from the vehicle assembly building.

I can't remember what radio station you can tune in, but there will be enough people around to ask. You can tune it in and listen to the countdown.

Personally, I like to view the launches from Patrick AFB. It is not very crowded, but you are about 20 miles away. Jetty Park is about ten miles closer, but you should arrive early. Watching it from US1 near TIX is always good too.

Unless things have changed, the Visitors Center is closed during the launch. You will have to watch it from Titusville. It is 10 miles away, but it is still very cool. Just find an empty lot along the water and park. Kind of fills up fast so get there early. I watched from a lot just south of a restaurant that is on the south side of town. Can't remember the name of it but I am pretty sure it is clad in wood that is stained dark brown. Also I think it is a bbq restaurant. It is straight across from the vehicle assembly building.

I can't remember what radio station you can tune in, but there will be enough people around to ask. You can tune it in and listen to the countdown.

I totally forgot the name of that place too but its where I would go to watch a shuttle launch too! Not bad food either!

I prefer to watch it on CNN, it's great and they show replays and lots of cool techy stuff.

Latest resources

Back