Where to stay in New York?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

I'm planning a three to four day trip to NY and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on where to stay. I'd like to be close to the park, museums, etc.

Any advice would be apprec.

Thanks in advance, TF

Milford Plaza

I always stay at the Milford Plaza when I go to New York for a personal visit. Located on 8th Ave around 45th in the Theatre District. In fact Les Miserables is right out the side door and The Phantom is on the other side. You can get $20 tickets from the box office for Les Mis. Trust me, thats all you need.

There is a crew room on the 3rd floor coffee, muffins/bagels etc.
The airline rate is around $100.

Phone 212-869-3600

Try Carmines next door. Fab Italian.

Enjoy

Last edited:
I wen't there at the end of February last year. Stayed at the Amsterdam Court hotel, got it off of expedia.com for a good price, at least by New York standards. It was real close to Times Square and had a subway station right by it. You can walk all over the place there too, it's pretty safe.

If you fly into TEB, NJTransit bus service is handy. Bus stop on north end (closest to 1st Aviation) - 161 or 164 bus line takes you to bus terminal in NYC on 8th and 42nd (Times square just a couple of blocks away. $2.80 one way/takes 30 - 40 min depending on if your on the local or express run. We stayed at the Empire Hotel on 63rd near Central Park in Dec for about $100/night from Travelocity. Ok , small rooms, hallways smelled, but who spends that much time there. Blue line subway station across street. Trailer in Times Square sells day of show theater tickets for up to 50% off. 1st come first serve with a wait line.

treetop flyer said:
I'm planning a three to four day trip to NY and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on where to stay. I'd like to be close to the park, museums, etc.

Any advice would be apprec.

Thanks in advance, TF

Dumont Plaza on 33rd and Lexington Ave. Rated one of the top "budget" hotels for NYC on citysearch.com
And, its only 2 blocks from Empire State Building!

Latest resources

Back