Where to stay in Milan,Italy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a point whore and.............

I'm telling you to stay away from the Marriott in Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a bad place but it is in the middle of NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We checked out after two nights and moved to the Sheraton, not a lot better but at least it was close to some type of nightlife. Milan is not one of my favorite places. JMHO.

Hotel King SRL, its very close to everything, has a great courtyard. I stayed there in 1998. Great service great breakfast. corso magenta is the street if my memory serves me right.

Stay at the Hilton milan. Its a nice hotel with quite a few things to do. Just be careful when you walk out to the left the major train station is right there and can get interesting. I usually jump on the subway to Lanza which is the bar district with a bunch of good restaurants like Top Kappi. Huge portions not expensive. There are a couple of bars around there I would frequent.

The hilton is nice. There are a bunch of good cafe's right around there and get a usatoday. Milan is a dirty industrial city with not much to do.

I'm with Rice but after spending a month waiting there i was ready to jump infront of the trolly.

Rice, just curious about your da-20 and lr-jet type, did you get them flying cargo?

Diesel, a month is a long time to sit around in milano. I was there for a month working during the week and it still got tired. Hope you got to see other cities.

No just milan and some of lake cuomo.

Got to learn every inch though. :)

Westin Milan.

Hilton is in a dumpy area near the train station (if thats the one everyones talking about..) been 4 years since there but never again, old and musty.

Marriott is in a quiet residential area with nothing there. The only people under 50 yrs old at the Marriott will be pilots. Khakis, black shoes or white sneakers, blackberrys or cells on waist, vendor gear polos. Spot em a mile away. Marriott kinda sucks.

Milan requires pilots to think outside the "point" mentality for a few moments (you'll be OK....) otherwise you will be a good walk through dumpy areas to get to the action. But hey, you get points right?

And yeah, Milan is no Florence or Venice. Its a 2 day max place IMHO.

Long stay, Id love to get up on Lake Cuomo.

Firenze is a 3 hour train ride and WORTH it. Roma is another 2. Yeah Milano kinda sucks but Italy is great overall. You have to get on that train and see another city. I agree with the location of that Hilton, too many gypsies begging for money.

Last edited:
Hilton was fine last year ... got lots of points ;) The concierce, Petro, always sent us out for a GREAT meal.

As for the location, just get on the subway. It is right there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back