• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to get luggage in CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone come up with a fix for the screws? Mine are loose by the time I get to the airport.

Loctite will buy you some time.

Blue is good stuff, red is even better. Since I used red loctite on all of my screws, nothing has budged. Just hope you dont ever have to take it apart because the red usually requires about 200+ degrees of heat to break it loose.

Do not purchase from the stop over store, their customer service has gone to total crap on these bags, especially MSP. I can’t even keep track of all the problems that I hear of with that place. They do not take care of the bag after the sale and even if they were to attempt to make it good they aren’t capable of making a decent repair anyway. DTW is better than MSP but still they don’ t take care of you so why buy from them.

Here’s the fix for the loose screws. Locktite is no fix so don’t even waste your money. The easiest repair that will buy good time is to take the screws out and drill & tap the hole for a #10-32 screw. The drill bit and the tap will only cost a few bucks. If you have a mx buddy he should be able to help you out for free. What this does is gets rid of the PK sheet metal screw and allows for aircraft type threaded screws. This fix will last a very long time (years) but it does have a weak spot and that’s the metal that gets drilled. It’s aluminum and therefore it will strip out over time.

Here’s the permanent fix. Purchase a threaded insert kit called a “Helicoil”. The kit is about 15 bucks and it comes with everything you will need (except the screws) to make the repair. The same 10-32 size will work fine or you could go one step larger. What this does is it actually allows the insertion of a steal thread. It’s used on aircraft all the time and if done properly it will last forever.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back