Where to get good leather jackets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LarryinTN

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a good leather jacket for a reasonable price? It's not part of the uniform so it's strictly for off-duty use. Seems like something that you could easily overspend on if you buy from the wrong place.

Thanks...

I would imagine there will be some pretty good deals on French cop jackets on Ebay pretty soon...if you don't mind the patches and the police look. Probably pretty good for bike riding and general casual wear.

Perrone Leather.

San Diego Jacket Factory makes decent jackets.

Flight Suits Unlimited makes several, and sells ones made by other manufacturers. Both FSU and Alpha make a leather version of the CWU-45P nomex issue jacket, in leather...both are good.

Just keep an eye on Ebay. There will be a flood of Comair leather jackets for sale soon...and wings...and hats....etc!

Any SWA pilots around here? I saw one of their leather jackets, and it was really high quality. Hopefully, someone can chime in on who supplies theirs.

I think Avbug meant Flight Suits Ltd, in El Cajon, CA. My dad and I both have jackets from there. I bought mine when I was 18 so I've had it for quite some time. The good thing about them is they can do periodic repairs. I had the cuffs and bottom fabric replaced a few years ago. Probably a bit pricey, but like the Pretty Neat Stuff bag, you get what you pay for. The ability to have parts replaced as they wear out more than makes up for the higher initial cost.

TP

You got me there...flightsuits limited. I've got a few of their flightsuits, and they last...I've bought a number of their seconds and they're high quality, good customer service, good company.

Perrone leather is not cheap, but makes some outstanding leather products.

Latest resources

Back