• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where Mesaba goes, Pinnacle Follows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As it stands now, absolutely no one knows what's going on. It's all just speculation as to what could happen if payments continue to be withheld, or if the Avro's get parked and under what conditions those aircraft are taken out of service.

So until we actually hear what comes out of the courtroom on October 6th, lets all grab a beer and relax...

I would have to agree with the chapter 7 versus 11...

We don't own enough to leverage a Chapter 11, what would we gain under 11? Not enough to justify it that is for sure. Chap 7 (liquidation) would be more logical choice. I don't know Xj's position, but I would guess they would be in a similar boat.

Regardless, I don't see that happening yet, too many cards still need to be played. NWA is not known for just giving up routes and pax easily, I could see the regionals getting a bigger piece of the pie intially until NWA is able to break down the rest of the unions on the property. The key I think is how they handle the Avro's, that will let us know how down and dirty they plan on getting with XJ and 9E.

9E will just follow blindly and promise things we probably will not be able to deliver. Plan on yet another interesting winter.

TinGoose1 said:
And you guys don't think you'll feel the pinch from that? When people speak of a "monkey on their back", well NWA is a 600 lb gorilla. When they're on your shoulders, your on the ground with their paws around your throat. Your going to feel the pinch all right, all the way down into your kidneys. Good luck.

What are they going to do....lower my pay? I'm already at the poverty level! I'd rather be out of a job, they'd probably be doing me a faver!

Somehow your "good luck" at the end of your post doesn't seem so sincere after your other comments. Stick to commenting about your own crappy job.

Latest resources

Back