Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is the 170 training done for republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STL E170 sim

The STL 170 sim #1 is installed and in testing right now. It's in the first spot in the front bay, formerly occupied my a DC-9. Motion is flying as of this week, but still some software issues. Current target is certification by May 1, Shuttle has guys scheduled for training on it on May 5. According to the FSI instructors, the J31 sims may be going away to make room for a second 170, if they can find somewhere else to put them. The J31s and SAAB sim in that front bay are smaller than the new sims, those three basically share the space that would be required for two new ones.

For now Shuttle and Republic are using both YUL (CAE) and CLT (US) for initial training, and PC's are being kept to CLT as much as possible. The plan is to shift everything to STL when it's avialable, but short term YUL will get all the overflow from STL once U starts training 190 guys in CLT in May. Accoring to U center schedulers they will be eliminating all dry-lease on the 170 sim once they begin their own 190 training, as they will need all of the time. The RAH training load will keep two sims busy full time until all of the current deliveries are completed, and even at that rate sim availability is the bottleneck.

Chicken Taco said:
The STL 170 sim #1 is installed and in testing right now. It's in the first spot in the front bay, formerly occupied my a DC-9. Motion is flying as of this week, but still some software issues. Current target is certification by May 1, Shuttle has guys scheduled for training on it on May 5. According to the FSI instructors, the J31 sims may be going away to make room for a second 170, if they can find somewhere else to put them. The J31s and SAAB sim in that front bay are smaller than the new sims, those three basically share the space that would be required for two new ones.

For now Shuttle and Republic are using both YUL (CAE) and CLT (US) for initial training, and PC's are being kept to CLT as much as possible. The plan is to shift everything to STL when it's avialable, but short term YUL will get all the overflow from STL once U starts training 190 guys in CLT in May. Accoring to U center schedulers they will be eliminating all dry-lease on the 170 sim once they begin their own 190 training, as they will need all of the time. The RAH training load will keep two sims busy full time until all of the current deliveries are completed, and even at that rate sim availability is the bottleneck.

Wasn't the CLT sim included in the Mid Atlantic purchase? I know the door trainer was.

The CLT sim was in the original MDA acquisition deal, but U pulled the plug on that portion. RAH ended up with the planes, gates, and slots, but not the sim. It seems that U had a good feeling that the 190 was coming down the pipe, and acted wisely for once. It's probably better this way, RAH has no experience owning or running sims anyway, and would have just screwed it up by contracting it to the lowest bidder..

..CT

When I went through in YUL the B6 sim was just changed over to a 190. The sim techs said that it takes about 4 hours to change the sim over to the 170. So my guess is CLT will be out of the picture very soon.

Latest resources

Back