• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brother Francis

Where does U-ALPA stand?

[Chautauqua] Company Update for December 20, 2002:

"...Our Holding Company has also reached a tentative agreement with US Airways to operate up to another 23 regional jets; also assuming numerous conditions are met, including approval by the ALPA association at US Airways. Since Chautauqua cannot comply with the Jets for Jobs requirements, additional furloughed pilots from Airways would be covered under the other regional jet service agreement between the Holding Company and US Airways...."

U- ALPA code-a-phone:

"Item 2. The Company has informed ALPA that Republic Airlines, which will start operations in July 2003, will be a Participating Affiliate Carrier in the Jets for Jobs protocol. Beginning in July the carrier is expecting to receive two aircraft per month, with 100 percent of the vacancies being made available to US Airways pilots up to the first nine aircraft. We will provide more information on these vacancies once it becomes available."

Wexford Holdings owns the operating certificates for both Republic and Chautauqua. Republic Airlines will be an alter-ego started by Wexford specifically to get around the CHQ pilots' refusal to ratify j4j. I sincerely hope that U-ALPA recognizes this for what it is.

Last edited:
I dont get it?

Can someone in the know please tell me why ALPA has banners all over the main board about not flying for Freedom as it could hurt your carreer, but the latest US agreement clearly states that US mainline guys will be flying their equipment. And also why this new alter ego airline will be flown at Chitaqua with US pilots at the helm. I guess it is OK for ALPA to change the rules on a case by case basis when mainline guys are involved. ALPA is rapidly loosing control and credibility. What next?

Latest resources

Back