Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N41 47.338 W087 55.700
KMDW273/7.82

Come on over for a beer. Got Sierra Nevada and Pilsener Urquel (on sale at Sam's). Don't go to the neighbor's, though.

How do you like living and working in Dubai? I was told over a few brews by an AA pilot that this was the best place to live and work as an airline pilot (for Emirates).

He must of had a few too many brews :rolleyes: We have great weather 7 months of the year and pretty darn hot the other 5. Nice beaches, lots of outdoor activites, good nightlife, very kid friendly, safe from violent crime. Yes it is a good place to work but no place on earth is as good as a major airline job in the United States.

Typhoonpilot

One day many years ago, as an 18 year old private pilot, I was flying a guy up to Strawberry, UT
How did you get that gig? Dirt strip, in the mountains, and a good place to have a cabin. Only thing better would be a grass strip! Not too bad a job for a 18 year old PP. I fly over that every once and awhile enroute to Bryce. I need to land there sometime.

My neighbor across the street owned a lot up there and wanted to go take a look at it. We left Santa Barbara early in the morning in a C-182, but not early enough. It was looking pretty dark and scary up towards Strawberry so we did the smart thing and went into Hurricane.

I wish I could have seen the place, I really like Utah and hope to get some property there some day.

Typhoonpilot

Columbus Ohio

Busy trying to avoid being abducted into the cult of Ohio State Football. (M go Blue)

TonyC said:
I heard about LORAN in a song (somethin' 'bout a LORAN rendezvous). What does it do?

:)

LORAN was a navigation system, it will tell you your location +/- a state or two.

Chesapeake, Virginia. That's right near Norfolk/Virginia Beach. (Hampton Roads, aka Tidewater, VA)

Latest resources

Back