where do we get such men (as u guys)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jsoceanlord

I think (I've been drinking) that that was a quote from the end of a john wayne movie, just as the credits started.

The Bridges at Toko-Ri, starring William Holden, Grace Kelly, Fredric March, and Mickey Rooney.

Great flick.

Lousy book.

jsoceanlord said:
(I've been drinking)

Say it isn't so!!!

Typhoon1244 said:

Great flick.

Lousy book.

Which did you do first? Watch the movie, or read the book? I read the book first, a long time ago, back before Michener started spewing out those god-awful phone books of his. I thought the book was pretty good. I saw the movie recently and wasn't very impressed.

Where do they get such men

Whore Houses and Bars.:D

Re: Re: where do we get such men (as u guys)

A Squared said:
Which did you do first? Watch the movie, or read the book? I read the book first, a long time ago, back before Michener started spewing out those god-awful phone books of his. I thought the book was pretty good. I saw the movie recently and wasn't very impressed.
I read the book first. I was surprised: Michener is supposed to be a great novelist, but you can't tell that from Toko Ri. (It was one of his earlier works. Maybe he got better.)

Character development is thin, the transitions are really choppy, plot threads are started and then dropped unceremoniously. I'm not saying I could do it better, but I know others can. For quality of writing, it doesn't come close to--for example--Fate is the Hunter or even Flight of the Intruder.

Latest resources

Back