Where do kids get these ideas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i fly boxes said:
are you kidding me???? If people were educated on this type of thing, no one would go to their flight schools, thats why no one teaches anything about it. What amazes me is how fast everyone expects things to happen. 21 year olds expecting to be left seat of a 747 by the time they are 25. We have become an impatient world. Hard work is not rewarded anymore, its all about who you know, and who can you screw over to get to the top. Thats why people with money win, and can go to these flight schools and get into a crj with 300 hours, while their parents pay back their loans while they are making 21 dollars an hour.

Best post I have ever read on this forum. That pretty much sums it up.

You mean this is not true?, no reason to go to college then if you want to be a pilot.

The money is not that bad! It beats working for a living. I have been on line at CAL for 2 weeks and have found 4 chics ready, willing & able (they are hot too!). Sure first year pay sucks, but oh well it gets better from here.......

SFR said:
The money is not that bad! It beats working for a living. I have been on line at CAL for 2 weeks and have found 4 chics ready, willing & able (they are hot too!). Sure first year pay sucks, but oh well it gets better from here.......

Does your wife know about this?

YourPilotFriend said:
I recently ran into an up-and-coming "airline pilot", he was working on his commercial. When I asked him why he wanted to be an airline pilot, he responded "Because of all the girls". I asked him why he thinks that is, and he replied "because the uniform, all the money and the travel benefits". I asked him how much money he expected to make, and he said between $150000 and $300000. Seriously, isn't anybody educating these kids on what this career is? I expected to maybe hear this from a student pilot but commercial? argggh.

I blame Kit Darby. And Leonardo DiCaprio. And all the ERAU recruiters.

Come to think of it, I blame my parents and high school guidance counselor for talking me into this and convincing me not to try to be a professional baseball player.

I blame all you guys who are just like me who continue to eat peanuts, pretzels and all the coffee you can drink on a 4-day - without all you punks doing the same thing, I'd be at United by now.

My sister is a secretary, dropped out of college, has 3 kids, and still makes more, and has more than I do. I blame her.

I blame August Busch III and his ancestors for making products that have been killing my brain cells for years and not allowing my rational mind to quit this and go get a real job at Home Depot.

Actually, I just blame myself for believing this crap 17 years ago when I started flying. If you see him again, tell him I got my PPL in 1989 and was on the "fast track" to United. I'm currently a regional F.O.

Girls?

Girls the only benefit? Hmmmm. Well since a usually end up working almost the entire month, I have to time for women at home. That leaves women at work. Of course I think I've only flown with one flight attendant in the last six months under the age of 85. And this "young woman" (she might have been as low as 42) had been worked over by half the captains I've flown with. Hey kids, can you spell VD?

YourPilotFriend said:
I recently ran into an up-and-coming "airline pilot", he was working on his commercial. When I asked him why he wanted to be an airline pilot, he responded "Because of all the girls". I asked him why he thinks that is, and he replied "because the uniform, all the money and the travel benefits". I asked him how much money he expected to make, and he said between $150000 and $300000. Seriously, isn't anybody educating these kids on what this career is? I expected to maybe hear this from a student pilot but commercial? argggh.

Lots of people are going to do what they want to do, no matter what you tell them, or how many times.

February 27, 2006 - A 24-year-old man was killed after witnesses say he drove his car around a crossing gate and was struck by a passenger train.

State police said the man died at the Hospital shortly after the accident this afternoon.
Fire Chief Stan Grulke says the car went around the gate and never saw the train coming.

The force of the train -- traveling about 60 mph -- split the car in two and sent debris flying up to 50 feet away.

Authorities said both the railroad crossing gates and lights were working properly.
None of the 131 passengers and crew members on the train heading from Chicago to Spokane, Washington was injured.

Time2Spare said:
Actually, I just blame myself for believing this crap 17 years ago when I started flying. If you see him again, tell him I got my PPL in 1989 and was on the "fast track" to United. I'm currently a regional F.O.

All this time you are still a FO? Were there no opportunities to upgrade or what this a personal choice? I'm sincerely interested.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back