• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where did Cherry Air's DO go ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think nothing of his leaving. People always read things into people leaving a company, especially in the higher tier of managment. I haven't spoken to him but from what I hear his departure was nothing more than him making a decision that his time at Cherry Air was over. I have been at Cherry for over three years and there have been many times rumors have gone all over about everything. We have hired about twenty pilots this year so I don't think they are planning on shutting the doors. This year is one of those odd years after a slowdown in the industry when doors start opening elsewhere and a lot of pilots leave that have been there for a long time. Charlie is a good guy and he was a fair D.O. Things are never certain in aviation but i can say I've seen some slow times and my paycheck has always cleared even in those times of turbulence. Cherry is a "stepping stone" company with opportunity for a quick upgrade and so-so pay. Our new Chief Pilot is a highly respected individual with a good head on his shoulders and he will lead us well. Anyone who works here knows what the on-demand type lifestyle is like. You WERE told during the interview. It's not for everyone but for those of us who didn't want to make $18000 a year at a regional and wanted a quick upgrade it has been a good opportunity.
fr8dognit
DA20 Capt.

Charlie was just coming in when I was leaving....he seemed like a reasonable man to me....especially when comparing him to everyones hero the Ross man. A work of art there. Wonder where he ended up.
I enjoyed flying at Cherry.....great experience; great bunch of guys.

Latest resources

Back