• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where can i go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go back to college. Get a useful fallback degree, work on a Masters.

being the highest senority number at a regional is nothing to be proud of...and thats where you will MOST LIKELY finish your career with your current credentials.

whats the rush to the regionals? read up, those jobs really do $uck and most of those guys live in crashpads or with mama. bad stuff. 30K/yr is no way to go through life.

Bud if I were you, don't even think about doing this job at this point in your life. You're so very young and I know the temptation is there because of seniority but just enjoy being young. Be a ski intructor in Aspen for a while or a beach bum in Malibu. These are the best years or your life and you have the rest of you life to do the daily grind. Make some memories that will make you smile years from now when you're overnighting in CLE for the 1000th time and just plain bored. It'll all come in time but don't try and grow up too fast!

Being a PCL Employee I am well aware of the mins. However I still suggest that if he is interested in a regional he apply at PCL. There is always the possability that he will get an interview and even if he does not choose to take a job (if offered) the interview experiance is very valuable.

Everyone must be jealous of him or something telling him not to even try. The 4 yr degree is important. Make that your main goal, but keep working on your qualifications and trying to get on with a regional. I'm not sure which ones will hire you, just keep trying them all while your flight time and age get higher. When you get hired at one you want to work for, take a semester off from school while you do groundschool. Then go right back to it. Seniority is important...and would you rather make $20K/yr when you are 20 yrs old, or 25, 30 or older? Might as well start early AND get your degree. Didn't really answer your question, I just disagree with some of the other opinions.

Off the subject, great avatar. But I'm afraid it's already in use. Lousy avatars can be recycled, but the truly great ones cannot.

On the subject, you might want to get a degree in something real before you head out into the real world. I have a degree from one of those fancy big-buck aviation universitys. No regrets, and you'll learn all kinds of interesting things that may or may not help you when you get yourself a job flying the line. But it is alot of money nowadays, and the way things are looking, there are fewer and fewer of those big-time major airline jobs for us college boys to fight over when we get the time. And that fancy degree won't do me much good if I get my eyes poked out or lose my medical for some other reason and can't fly. So build some more time, get a business degree or something, chase some tail, and have some fun while you can.

I currently work with Airnet, I was hired about 6 months before I turned 21. I am still going to school to finish up my 2 yr in aviation, then I am going on to finish a 4 yr in anything else. Airnet has been great for me, lots of time off to do school work and good pay for my age. Keep instructing for a while, you will learn alot. I agree with most everyone else, get that degree, or if the majors ever turn around, you will end up being stuck as the most senior guy at the regionals. Good luck, and more importantly than any of our opinions on this board, do what makes you happy. (P.S. Watch out for SJS, you might have some symptoms:p )

if you are 19, you should go to college. Enjoy life, get a back up degree, and date lots of women. Dont let this career take away the best years of your life. There will be someone hiring when you get out.

Go to college. Nail a bunch of chicks. Become a dentist. Make $$. Marry a gold digger. Buy a kit plane. Crash it into a mountian on a family vacation.

thats what i should of done

I flew air taxi C310 at 18, and landed my first charter job (BE-20) at 20. After 6 months I got a corporate job (BE-20) as a captain. I don't regret starting out young. Get your multi turbine pic, and lots of doors will open for you.

FD

Keep flying!! Open a Roth IRA!! Networking did more for me than a degree ever would have.

College: Drinking and sororiety girls

Regional pilot: Drinking and flight attendants

Latest resources

Back