• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Where are the cheap commuter hotels in PDX?

humuakalaka

Total Time
Could someone please help me out with this? I start a trip later this week in Portland. It's not one of our bases so I'm totally unfamiliar. Just need a cheap place to stay with a bed and a ride to the airport in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

propsarebest

Total Time
Anything down the road from the airport will give airline employees a pretty good discount. Mose have a free shuttle.

mittro

Total Time
###
SHILO INN.

AS crew hotel for the short layovers. Nice folks and free breakfast.

Dan Roman

Total Time
Also Hampton Inn has a free breakfast and airline rate I believe around $40 They have a shuttle and it's close enough to walk.

Q400 Gear Bitch

Nationwide Beer Taster
Total Time
try this

The Quality Inn used to be 29 plus tax. Not a great
neighborhood, but cheap. They used to have a deal for commuters with a punch card 5 stays and the 6th is free or something like that. 503-256-4111
If you want something closer to the airport the Country Inn and suites was like 50ish with free breakfast (eggs and such) 503-255-2700

turbinesurgeon

Total Time
5000+
The Quality Inn used to be 29 plus tax. Not a great
neighborhood, but cheap. They used to have a deal for commuters with a punch card 5 stays and the 6th is free or something like that. 503-256-4111
If you want something closer to the airport the Country Inn and suites was like 50ish with free breakfast (eggs and such) 503-255-2700

They changed the name from Quality Inn to the Howard Johnson, I think it is still 29 for crews

seatrumpeter

Total Time
HoJo (old quality inn) is now $39 + tax. Friendly, free newspaper and chocolate donuts for breakfast (which is what most of the crowd that stay there prefer).

Otherwise, you could try the Fairfield Inn. I got $49+ tax the other night there.

lonerock57

Total Time
>5000
When did the Quality Inn change to a HoJo's?
I stayed there about three months ago, and have driven by more recently, sign still said Quality Inn, crew rate was up to $46, tax inclusive, my last stay