Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When you are bored, waiting in an FBO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dumblonde said:
How about a rec room with pool tables and dart boards.

CMH has a pool table and a ping pong table (not much good for you solo drivers).

One thing that is an absolute must:

DON'T GIVE THE FREAKING CREW CAR TO SOME PASSENGER WHO JUST GOT OFF OF ANOTHER AIRPLANE AND DOESN'T WANT TO RENT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is rediculous. Crew car should be for the crew only.

My "Fantasy FBO":

Denise Richards in short pants marshals me in.

I walk in, and see Catherine Bell, Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba are working the counter.

The mens' room has private toilets with doors, internet monitors (on swivel brackets), and a video monitor to see if pax arrive when "pinching a loaf".

There is a secluded "stress relief room" with Lucy Liu giving "special massages".

There is a special "trap door" at the counter, which plunges the various obnoxious pilots, demanding pax, and shiftless line guys into the "pit of snakes and fire" in the FBO basement.

Emeril LaGasse is cooking free meals in the lobby corner. "Hey Sky King. Would you like to KICK IT UP A NOTCH?! BAM!"

The FBO hands out "Gift Bags" to pilots who purchase fuel (any amount), just like the celebrities get in Hollywood (I-Pods, jewelry, auto gas discount coupons, etc.).

You only have to ask for particular service ONCE, and be assured it will be done (and not get a call from pax saying they are 10 minutes out, only to find out the FBO still hasn't fueled the airplane, an hour after you placed the order!)

A pull-up bar and some basic weights would be great.

A comfy couch where nobody is bothered if I sleep on it for a few hours

Some free snacks.

Good bathrooms - important for ANY business.

leardawg said:
My "Fantasy FBO":

Denise Richards in short pants marshals me in.

I walk in, and see Catherine Bell, Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba are working the counter.

The mens' room has private toilets with doors, internet monitors (on swivel brackets), and a video monitor to see if pax arrive when "pinching a loaf".

There is a secluded "stress relief room" with Lucy Liu giving "special massages".

There is a special "trap door" at the counter, which plunges the various obnoxious pilots, demanding pax, and shiftless line guys into the "pit of snakes and fire" in the FBO basement.

Emeril LaGasse is cooking free meals in the lobby corner. "Hey Sky King. Would you like to KICK IT UP A NOTCH?! BAM!"

The FBO hands out "Gift Bags" to pilots who purchase fuel (any amount), just like the celebrities get in Hollywood (I-Pods, jewelry, auto gas discount coupons, etc.).

You only have to ask for particular service ONCE, and be assured it will be done (and not get a call from pax saying they are 10 minutes out, only to find out the FBO still hasn't fueled the airplane, an hour after you placed the order!)
An hour? Please, I flew into JYO in my trusty 172 and in 3 days they didn't fill it till I showed up ready to leave.

shortbus driver said:
I understand that signature sucks, but in Savanah, GA it was great. They had free iced tea and lemonade as well as good coffee and hot chocolate.

If you flew into the airport and taxied up to signature, it wasn't free. You paid $200 or more for that free tea, lemonade and hot chocolate. Either that or you bought a LOT of the most expensive fuel in the area.

1. A flight planning room is a requirement. WSI is almost as big a necessity as a computer.

2. Prompt line service. There is nothing worse than ordering fuel, or anything else and having to wait. Then ask again. Then ask again. Then explain to the passengers why you can't leave yet, and ask again. Then finally, go fuel the airplane yourself. (Yes, I have done this.)

3. Of course, hot line girls and counter girls are always nice.

4. Lots of COMFORTABLE chairs.

5. Air conditioning inside the FBO that actually works.

6. A nice pilot lounge.

7. A snooze room is often a BIG help.

8. Crew cars or some means of transportation to breakfast/lunch/dinner/hotel.

9. If you want to run people off in droves, charge outragious ramp fees. Or just high fees for everything. (Just copy signature's business plan.)

10. Those smoking hot gals are always a plus.

NW_Pilot said:
FBO's need to have most the amenities that truck stops have like strip clubs in them or nude line girls. They could also use some condom/novelty machines and showers in the rest rooms & rooms you can rent by the hour. Yep, turn fbo's into seedy truck stops hahahaha!!!

:eek: So what truckstops have you been to that have strip clubs in them? In the 13 years I have driven a truck I haven't found one yet..I have found a couple where the strip club was 'nearby': down the block or so..And I have only been to a couple truck stops that I would call 'seedy', and fortunately I didnt stay there long..As an overall I can say from experience that truckstops are not the dives you think they are..Find a Flying J , Pilot, Petro, Loves or Travelcenters of America near you and actually visit a truckstop for yourself, you might be surprised at the eminities(sp?) they provide and the general cleanliness of them..We await your report ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back