Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will the TSA quit screening for yesterday's plot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Having just passed through TSA security the other day, it struck me that they are screening for the last attack and do not have their eyes open to what is next. Fortunately, intel and good police work foiled this one. What should the TSA be doing to stop the next one?

My opinion is to start screening for bad guys, rather than wasting their time with me and my grandmother. If they isolate the bad actors and prevent young, islamic, arabs from travelling together, they will go a long way toward reducing the likelihood of another attack.

FlyFlyFly said:
Having just passed through TSA security the other day, it struck me that they are screening for the last attack and do not have their eyes open to what is next. Fortunately, intel and good police work foiled this one. What should the TSA be doing to stop the next one?

My opinion is to start screening for bad guys, rather than wasting their time with me and my grandmother. If they isolate the bad actors and prevent young, islamic, arabs from travelling together, they will go a long way toward reducing the likelihood of another attack.
Don't think of it as screening, think of it as training. Soon, everybody will be searched, no matter where they go, who they are or what kind of service industry uniform they wear.

You'll have to pry my tooth paste tube from cold dead hands! Hahahahahaha :D

TSA screener: OK, for all you americans that even so much as have a full bladder, you cant make it through security. Excuse me, Achmed and Muhammed, please step this way and pass straight through security. Have a good flight.

Wankel7 said:
They will stop when every last toothpaste tube has been squeezeD!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/10/world/europe/10cnd-threat.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Ahhh, just give it a few months and you will be able to roll right through with any liquid or toothpaste. Remember how strict everyone was after 911 with cuticle cutters? I lost 2 of those (pricy little things), but a few months later it was fine to bring those on the plane....no problem. It's such a joke as it is.

I'd guess that if terrorists have been able to obtain liquid og gel-like explosives, they would be able to implant them into the bodies of the suicide terrorists, and thereby bring explosives onboard even with the new guidelines prohibiting carrry-on baggage and bottles etc. There's also a fairly new type of nylon tubes that can carry electricity with low resistance, and hooked up to a detonator operated into the body of a terrorist, it would be possible to construct a bomb from easily available materials that would not show up on any kind of x-ray or metal detector screens. They want to kill and die doing it, so operating stuff into their body to do get around present security measures should be only limited to their imagination.

So the only way to prevent future attacks is to begin more thourough screening and profiling of the passangers - stop wasting the time on 70 year old grandmas, and start giving full body strip search of people with middle eastern background, or who cannot provide a certain level of background information.

They will never stop the new rules!!! Because the venders will double their prices for the stuff you cannot take & the complementary beverages on the plane will now have a price say $5.00 for a water!

Oh!! you can still bring a few books of matches to make a small bomb out of an ink pen and match heads! But nope cannot bring a bottle of water & tooth paste is to dangerous!

Hopefully everyone bought Stock in revlon, Colgate and Procter-Gamble this morning. Think how many people have to replace all those goodies that are being dumped at the airport!

Then, good old capitalist like we are need to package toothpaste, deodorant, hair gel, etc, etc for 3-day, 4-day, one-week package sizes that can be bought when we walk out the the airport so that we don't have ay left when we walk IN the airport.

The worst imaginable thing is trying to "check" every single bag on every single trip. I'd rather carry an overnight with just clothes and BUY a new razor, toothpaste and deodorant than stand in ANOTHER line to check my bags.

Oh and as a former CRJ-200 driver, let's see when we used to go over 50 checked bags and a full flight, didn't that cause a problem......ah yes, that's why we LIKED carry-ons.

I'm glad you guys are figuring it out and not me anymore.

No the terrorist are going to start using breast implants with the liquid to where all you have to do is smack the female terroris in the chest and make her and the whole damn plane explode

Latest resources

Back