Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheCheat

4 8 15 16 23 42
Heard a wild rumor that they won't be hiring again until 3rd quarter 2008. Please tell me it's not true.

Not true. We still have a dozen airplanes to take this year and 19 next year. That's a lot of bodies not to hire for a year.

Gup

I was told by the people department, hiring is scheduled to resume 2Q of 2008. The pool is very large right now, and that is when they are planning it to be approaching empty again.

But things could change tomorrow. No crystal ball.

Cheers!

Not true. We still have a dozen airplanes to take this year and 19 next year. That's a lot of bodies not to hire for a year.

Gup

I thought it was 29 new A/C with a decision to be made regarding leasing, selling or parking older A/C for a possible net of 19 aircraft.

:beer:

I heard...

They are not going to ramp up hiring again until after they buy AAI and get the list merger (staple) sorted out.

They are not going to ramp up hiring again until after they buy AAI and get the list merger (staple) sorted out.

Only partially true.

Hiring will resume after we buy AAI, Alaska, and WestJet, and then get the list sorted out.

We are actually taking delivery of 34 shiny new Boeing jets next year. Gary said 19 of them will be for growth so it sounds like 15 jets are for replacement or leaseback - or growth if they decide they want them.

We went from can't find enough airplanes to slamming on the brakes in about 2 months. I suspect we can go the other way just as quickly.

Gup

We are actually taking delivery of 34 shiny new Boeing jets next year. Gary said 19 of them will be for growth so it sounds like 15 jets are for replacement or leaseback - or growth if they decide they want them.
Gup
Actually SWA has already defferred 5 to at least the following year. I also heard that there are 10 leases that SWA will not renew. That makes the 19 aircraft growth. You are correct however SWA can decide tommorrow to renew those 10 leases and move up the 5 defferrals.

Latest resources

Back