Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Hey guys,

I'm graduating college in 2 months and will have 550-600TT and a little over 100ME. I'm planning on sending my resume out to everyone I think I might have a chance with and am curious when I should start applying. Now? When I graduate? 3 months ago?

I suppose that if I end up getting bites, I don't want to have to turn down any class dates because I'm still in school and such but I'm not too sure how to look at this... I'm beyond new to it.

Thanks much.

Never hurts to apply asap. If i would have applied 3 months sooner i would be 300 people senior to where i am now. good luck

It took express jet 3 months to call me. I'd fill out the online app with them now. There aren't too many other choices with that time

Apply now. I see so many guys that I go to school with waiting until the week before graduation to start sending out their resume and they don't understand why they can't find a job. I started sending out resumes without much luck about 2 months ago. It took me about 15-20 letters and in person visits before I found a job. I now have a <good> job waiting for me when I graduate next month. They understand that I need to finish my degree (and actually, they require it) and are willing to allow me to finish before I start. Good luck to you.

Apply now! You never know who will call you back. I wouldn't worry too much about being asked to leave school before you finish, most people should understand you want to graduate after 4+ years of work and lots of $$$.... if they demand you now, then keep looking.

Send stuff out right now!

I interviewed with companies when I was 3-4 months out from being available. I was upfront and honest about my present commitment and desire to 1. uphold my contract and 2. not burn any bridges. NOBODY seemed to mind, and everybody seemed to understand. When it comes to graduating college, they won't mind. Good luck!

EMB170Pilot said:
Don't bother with that flighttime. Welcome to aviation

Yeah, I guess its too bad I wasn't born with 5000 hours like you, eh?

It can't hurt to try and see what happens...

viper548 said:
It took express jet 3 months to call me. I'd fill out the online app with them now. There aren't too many other choices with that time

Since when does express jet hire with that kind of time?

flyf15 said:
Yeah, I guess its too bad I wasn't born with 5000 hours like you, eh?

It can't hurt to try and see what happens...

Thats so true.... I got the job I have now with very little time... the resume I sent out was almost a practical joke in my opinion, but i got the call, went to class, and here I am!

Apply apply apply, the only sure way to get turned down is by not asking!

Latest resources

Back