Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When should I start sending out resume's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ToiletDuck

Ninja
Simple question: At what point should I start sending out resume's? 300/500/1000+ hrs? I've been breaking down my logbook just to keep track and was wondering when I should start tossing resume's around. I'm working on my CFI at the moment and that seems to be the likely route. However I was just curious as to when I should start bothering people with resume's.

This is not a stupid, sarcasrtic answer:
Start tossing around your resumes about a month or two before you're ready for your first job. Make sure that you have the appropriate ratings (DO NOT send resumes to a flight school unless you have your CFI).
Why wouls you want to run the risk of NOT being in the right place a thte right time just because you were 5 hours short of a minimum?

Captain,
I agree 100%. I didn't think it was logical to send out a resume at 300 hours but I did send out a few (somewhere around 30) and I got 10 calls saying "don't meet the time....but when you do...".

ToiletDuck,
The way I see it, at least it gets my name out there and shows that I am interested in a position and furthering my career.

Good luck!

-mini

I know I don't meet most requirements yet. However I'm the kind of person that plans ahead and i want to make sure that by the time I do meet the requirements they know my name. I also want to start making my resume. Do you know where I could find a template to follow? I know it's easy but it's one of those things that will keep bothering me until I know I have one made. I was actually waiting on a flight back to where I live and while waiting I met a guy who worked for boeing and was one of the engineers on the F-15 (he designed parts of the wings). He said when he first got his commercial and multi he sent a resume and was hired by a local insurance company where they gave him a light twin and he flew around doing claims adjusting for them. Made me feel like there are a lot of opportunities out there I haven't even began to explore. So naturally I'm freaking out already lol. Thanks for the respones.

If you want to get your foot in the airline door early, go be an intern for them while you instruct. That will save you 200 to 400 hrs. of instructing.

I've got ~900 hours and have already applied with FedEx.. :)

Latest resources

Back