Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When do you make a New Years announcement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RipCurl

surfing the midwest
Sorry if this is a repost, I searched and couldn't find much useful info. Say you're on a flight from LAX to Paris. When do you say Happy New Year? LA time? Paris time? Somewhere up near Santa's workshop?

Say it twice, of course...once at midnight Paris Time, and later at midnight LA time.

We have to increase liquor sales, margins are very thin in this business. You must be new...

Remember, the job you save may be your own.

Since most if not all the passenegers are probably sleeping on this type of leg, maybe it would be better not to say it until shortly before arrival.

Why not make the announcement when it actually happens where the airplane is located at the moment the clock strikes 12?

Okay.......I'll go back to my original point. Since most flights that originate on the west coast and for that matter the east coast as well are flights that transit the N.Atlantic during the wee hours of the morning, why would you want to wake three-quarters of the cabin with such an annoying announcement? Maybe the stroke of the New Year midnight is a big deal to you, but doubt if it's worth waking the whole cabin up for.

You might want to discuss this with the FA's and see what their reaction is as well!

Spooky 1 said:
You might want to discuss this with the FA's and see what their reaction is as well!

They don't want to get woke up either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back