When are the new rest reg coming out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cunchos

I thought they need to give the results at the end of Jan… its the end of Feb. Not even an excuse.
Any one out their know anything more?

I thought they need to give the results at the end of Jan… its the end of Feb. Not even an excuse.
Any one out their know anything more?

Babbit and the rest of the FAA was under fire from some congressmen that were investigating the regs. They about came out of their seat when Babbit was asked why the stalling. Babbit said he needed to issue a NPRM first and it would take several years to do the research. Congressmen came back and said the research is already there and people are dying. Don't know what the end result is, but I would suspect politics, as usual, since we have seen and heard nothing.

I heard it passed the house but under threat of filbuster in the senate. Therefore its on the backburner right now

I heard it passed the house but under threat of filbuster in the senate. Therefore its on the backburner right now

What you heard was the ATP requirement for 121 ops. The rest rules are something else. This doesn't suprise me one bit. The FAA are gonna drag this out until congress says "enough". Politics as usual.

By the time anything is done, most of us will be taking ..dirt naps... and therefore, getting our required rest.

Hi!

The rest rules, which have been postponed twice, are due out "in the spring". Hopefully, if the FAA doesn't get their sh!t together, then Congres will impose new rest rules. I have read on a number of posts that UPS is the reason the rules are not already out yet.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

The rest rules, which have been postponed twice, are due out "in the spring". Hopefully, if the FAA doesn't get their sh!t together, then Congres will impose new rest rules. I have read on a number of posts that UPS is the reason the rules are not already out yet.

cliff
NBO

I sincerely hope that Congress doesn't put flight time/duty time rules into effect. They can't even successfully complete a wet dream. We won't like the results.

They can't even successfully complete a wet dream. We won't like the results.[/QUOTE]

Niether can the faa! I would like to think that they (faa) can come up with something but they kiss too much airline a$$. I almost trust congress more. They're more likely to come up with one simple rule for everone eg. 8hrs flying 14hr duty PERIOD! Not one rule for 121, a different one for 121 supplemental, 121 global, 135 blah blah meant to confuse us, subject to interpretation, blah etc.

Latest resources

Back