What's your work schedule like?

72Longhorn

Total Time
5000+
My previous job (prior to being furlouged), had two different schedules for our pilots.

Schedule #1 : 7 days off, 7 days on

Schedule #2 : 14 days off, and 14 days on (W/ 2; 24/7 thrown in while out on the road.

I loved the #1 schedule cause when I was tired of being at home it was time to go to work and vice versa.

Does anyone out there have anything similar to this?

72Longhorn

starchkr

New Bus driver
Total Time
enough
How about 11am-6pm M-F with every weekend and holiday OFF!!!

I love it.

350DRIVER

typical- 3-4 days per week with on average of 1 overnight thrown into that mix ever so often..- Typical day would be a morning departure ex> depart @0700 arrive in ATL "sit" till afternoon, depart ATL @ 1400 back home by 1600 and still have time for 9 holes which is a "must"....Usually never even come close to the "great" 14 hour duty day.-

cheers

KlingonLRDRVR

Total Time
There are threeof us and all are Captains. We work only Monday through Thursday Nights. That works out to four days one week two days the next week and two days the next week and back to four days the next.... 4-2-2. Every once in a while the company will pull me in on one of my off days during the week but not too often. We even get every bank holiday off. Before you think I slack too much... I fly 950 hours a year and every day I fly is a 12.5 hour duty with 7.5 flight time. It is sweet, and to think I get paid to do this. We might be the "Red Headed Step Children" but it sure is fun being a "Frieght Dog".

KlingonLRDRVR

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
I average 10-12 days of work per month (18-21 days off)...

Average 3-4 RON's per month...

Fly about 450-500 hours per year...

browntail

Total Time
Many
Before I upgraded, I was flying 8 days a month with absolutley no weekend work. It usually added up to about 22 hours of flying a month. Now I work about 10-12 days per month and still no weekend work. I also don't do holiday work. I guess the part that kinda sucks is working from 10:00pm to 5:00 am!!!

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
This month I am doing "stand-ups", which means that I leave my house Mon. afternoon, and return home Thursday by noon. Not too shabby- a four-day weekend every week!

The drawback to the standups is that you spend about 5 hrs in a hotel, then return to base, and splitting your sleep gets old pretty fast. IE- leave ATL at 10:00 p to DFW, then leave DFW at 6:30 a back to ATL. I don't mind doing it once in a while, but I prefer days. Also, stand-ups typically only pay guarantee (70 hrs).

For May, I am working basically four days on, three off, with 16 days off for the month, including 1 whole continuous week off. 85 hours' pay comes out to about $3200. plus about $380. per diem. Not what I was making as a Westwind skipper, but still not too shabby for first year F/O pay.

AWACoff

Total Time
My current schedule is pretty sweet. I have monday through sunday off. I usually wake up by noon...sometimes I don't though. Sometimes I take my "paycheck" and travel anywhere United/United Express flies (for free).

cherokee

Total Time
6000+
That is a sweet schedule AWACOff. Think I'll have to talk to the boss about that one...

FlyingSig

Double Breasted _ _ _
Total Time
7000+
5 AM , change diaper, feed bottle
11 am, bath, change, food,
2 pm, change, food
5 pm change, food
8 pm bath, change, food
11 pm, change, food

.... oh wait, you meant flying work schedule.... been off for 57 days and counting..... ;)

T

TDTURBO

With these scheduals, I'm going to quit my day job as a physician and join the ranks of you guys. Sounds like a bunch of sweet scheduals but with like everything else, there is good and bad!

But whats the bad?

AWACoff

Total Time
$240 a week here. It's only a $30 a month pay cut but that equals 2 cases of BEvERages...not an inconsequential matter.

SDdriver

Total Time
FEW
I wish I was getting 240 or 255...

I was furloughed before spending enough time with the company to get unemployment.

I have great time off though, 199 days and counting!

When does it ever end?

Fly safe/

Shem Malmquist
Total Time
Those type of schedule options (plus several more varieties) are available at FedEx and UPS.

othello

Total Time
10 days a month off. I flew 2.6 hr all of april have not flown since 4/2. gotta love reserve at an over staffed airline, thank the god's for 75 hr pay guarantee.
O

tarp

Total Time
Lots
and then there is regional hell.....

11 days off per month. This month (April) equals 19 days away from home. 3 day, 4 day and 5 day trips. I will get paid for 82 hours of work and will get a per diem check for $486 for my 324 hours on the road. And it looks like I'll be logging close to 79 hours in the logbook.

I have a job (vs. being furloughed) but no life. As to some of those other sweet schedules above - all I can say is enjoy it while you can. Wish I had that kind of time - I've got a dirty car, weeds up to my knees and a stack of bills that need attention. Good thing Wingate Hotels have these internet connects!

bigboy

Total Time
7000+
othello said:
10 days a month off. I flew 2.6 hr all of april have not flown since 4/2. gotta love reserve at an over staffed airline, thank the god's for 75 hr pay guarantee.
O
Hey Othello.
at least you not doing the big RR anymore or are you ?????? ;)
how is everyone doing at the crashpad, see you soon.

mit

Total Time
how about 24-7-365 thats what the mil guys work.

I mean get paid for.

AWACoff

Total Time
11 days off a month is regional hell? Don't say that too loud around Lakers. When I was there, I was easily flying over 100hours a month and only had one month when I had over 10 days off (12 days!). And then there was the hell stretch for 3 months where I was the only FO in IMT and there was only 1 captain. We dropped down to min legal days off (24 hour breaks every 7 days) for one of those 3 months.