Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's your tolerance for this type of stuff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re Orgrish...I've been to that website and don't care to see some of that crap. I watched the Faces of Death videos before and stuff like that is a bit much.

Just wait for a recurrent ground class to introduce you to the pertinent CVR transcripts. You'll have plenty of opportunity to learn from others mistakes.

And no, I wouldn't call you a ************************* since you state in your bio that you've flown the Space Shuttle. I'd call you a liar, but not a *************************.:)

Back a few years ago I was in the British Army and during a lesson on the IRA, and tactics they'd use, I had to watch a video of a couple of intelligence corps guys that inadvertantly drove into a large IRA funeral.

It was harrowing to say the least - they blocked the car in, pulled the guys out of the car, beat them, took them away, tortured, stripped and killed them.

I agree with 81horse - its an invasion of privacy, and I'll add to that - the tapes are only available because of a loophole in the law, and shouldn't be available to the public for 'entertainment'.

Airdisaster.com has some of the older tapes that you can listen to. I wouldn't recommend listening to them if you are a little bit squeemish about such things. I remember on one tape you can hear the passenger screaming in the background right before the tape stops. Again, not for the faint of heart.

If you want to educate yourself, get a text transcript, preferably with associated data and flight parameters.

If you aren't directly involved in the accident investigation, and want to be a voyeur and a ghoul, listen to the audio.

The audio will have nothing that will help you be safer than the text transcript.

NoPax said:
Back a few years ago I was in the British Army and during a lesson on the IRA, and tactics they'd use, I had to watch a video of a couple of intelligence corps guys that inadvertantly drove into a large IRA funeral.

It was harrowing to say the least - they blocked the car in, pulled the guys out of the car, beat them, took them away, tortured, stripped and killed them.

I agree with 81horse - its an invasion of privacy, and I'll add to that - the tapes are only available because of a loophole in the law, and shouldn't be available to the public for 'entertainment'.

Sucks to be dumb in the intelligence corps...must have been a "corporate culture" loophole.

Latest resources

Back