• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's your side job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with Typhoon on this one. Having a 21 month old gets me past a lot of what he is looking forward to :rolleyes:

Then i get to mow the yard, take care of the gardens for the wife, figure out how to get those darn gutters i just put up to work correctly, plan the right time to lay the new grass seed, wash the car and the truck, watch some good college football(coming soon to a home theater near you), sit and wonder just how many pilots really own a home theater as i just stated and then realize not that many, oh lets not forget all the visits by the family to our new house. And you think i have time for a side job... yeah i really do, i just don't feel like getting one right now

I work as a TSA Security Screener at KATL but my finger nails are so long I can't open anything or do my job at all. I just sit there and shammy bammy diggie doggie! Sometimes I jump up and yell, "Boogalooo Shrimp!" real loud just to scare people. Ifs somewun good wookings comes thu tha gate I say whooooooooooooooooooooooooo UHHHHHHHHH HUUH! Somtimes when I take my break I acsk sum1 to putz a cracker in my mouf. JIMMEY JOHNNY SHAMMEY SHONEY! SHEEEEEEEEEET.

RT

I'm a banjo player in a local Bluegrass band. Even though we get paid <snicker> on occasion, I do it for fun. I could hardly imagine having to survive on being a musician expecially at our lowly level.

FDJ

That wasent his wife!!! Shhhhhuuuussshsshhsh!:cool:

Side Job

I'd like to say that my day paralegal job is my side job pending a return to flying because my heart is there. But, that's not accurate.

Somehow, I believe that oilcanbland was just wondering what pilots do as second jobs. I've heard of pilots who work part-time in retail, work in restaurants, hold down desk jobs at FBOs, really, anything. Web design, too.

I had Mesa flight students who worked as substitute teachers in the Farmington, New Mexico, school system. Surprisingly, it doesn't necessarily require even a Bachelor's degree to be a substitute teacher in some school systems.

One of the best side jobs I heard of is a pilot who is an L.P.N. Somehow, I understood that he/she either was an agency/registry nurse or had shifts scheduled around his flying. Some nursing jobs pay very good money.

On that subject, I was speaking with an emergency room physician the other day. He was telling me that there is a nurse shortage. Coming from someone whom I regard as credible, I believe it.

Last edited:
Ahem, GENTLEMEN (FDJ and Boeingman):

I have no idea what this is about, but if you two are going to rumble, take it outside in the alley!

Now, who needs another cold one?

If4f
Your flightinfo bartend... I mean moderator.

Yeah . . . .

Once again, oilcanbland wanted information on side jobs pilots hold.

I haven't figured out yet how this simple question got diverted.

Firefighter/Paramedic

I'm a firefighter/Paramedic/Instructor for an Index E airport. Not a bad schedule 24 on and 48 off.

Latest resources

Back