Whats your record ramp fee?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

Part of my job is watching the boss's change purse (very small op, the airplane is probably barely 'there') and we get to choose which FBO to go to, whether to fill up or not depending on price compared to home, dealing with the various scenarios on handling fees vs fill up

For the most part the fees have been waived if we top off. Recently we found a place that has determined a set minimum for our airplane (Citation) and if we don't meet it, then the fee is $240.00. I am led to believe they own both fbo s on the field and this might be confirmed that the prices are exactly the same at both. ksaf The staff is not very comfortable with the situation as determined by their hesitant explanation of the policy. I know these businesses have to make a living but this is the first we have seen of this policy. Is it commonplace? I do recall being at Burbank and a Gulfstream was paying a couple grand for 2? nights on the ramp (!)

A lot of FBOs have a chart of how much fuel is required to waive fees. On Airnav, someone made a comment that one of the line guys said both FBOs at saf are owned by the same guy.

Well, BWI SIG was always near the top of my list. They have outdone themselves now. The first FBO I just paid $1000 ramp fee-

Actually, I think we ended up buying some gas at a million dollars a gallon to waive it but the ramp fee is a GRAND!

A lot of FBOs have a chart of how much fuel is required to waive fees. On Airnav, someone made a comment that one of the line guys said both FBOs at saf are owned by the same guy.

I was just talking to that guy...

Latest resources

Back