What's your per deim?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shark

135 with crappy per deim, trying to make my case for an increase.

anyone willing to contribute their rate and company would greatly be appre.

I don't have one but I know 2 guys that work for a management company. It depends what city they are in but they get as high as 46 a day and the low is 35 I believe. They even get per-deim for taking off from there home airport.

The 135 outfit I used to work for we didn't get per-deim but we had limits. 5 for breakfast 10 for lunch and 15 for dinner. They did say the city would depend. They did make a couple pilots pay the extra one time.

Good Luck

Per deim

When I was flying corporate our rate was $30.00/day. We got that 30 bucks if we were on the road or just flew a short out and back. That was probably the lowest rate that I found from all the people I polled.
At my current place it is $2.40/hour ($57.60/day).

Swimmer

When I flew 135 charter, our per diem was $1.75/hr for every hour we were away from home base...

This was nearly 6 years ago, so not sure what the current going rate would be now... In my Part 91 flight department we are on expense accounts...

per diem

our company pays $1.58/hr for every hour away from home base, this is or was the highest that can be paid tax free. When a flight crew can not be released from the airport on the road, waiting for freight or quick turn, the company will normally buy meals for the crew on the road.

Ive done corporate/charter and straight corporate. I've always been on an expense account. We simply submitted our receipts. We always used good judgement. I've never been questioned.

When I flew jet charter our perdiem was 2.08/hr domestic ($50/day) and 2.92/hr ($70/day) international. The clock started 1 hour prior to scheduled departure time and ended 30 minutes after we blocked back in at the base.

Netjets

Netjets per diem is 38.40 per day, 1.60 per hour for domestic trips.

If you are working, the company will pick up your tab for food in
addition to per diem. Typically they'll purchase you a meal for
every other leg....a pretty nice deal that leaves your per diem alone.

At Flight Options, we get $40.80 per day, we get this no matter if you sit at home for a rotation, are on vacation, or in training, we get 16.6 days per month of perdium, you get more if you work overtime, If you go Int'l then you get cost of food plus perdium, and we also get crew meals all day long, I spent $0 last rotation for food, it is a very good deal, the company figured out that it costs more to have bean counters figure out who gets what than to just pay everyone 16.6 days of it per month

Expenses to Per Diem

My current company pays $1.75 per duty hour (up to $42.00/day). We used to have a credit card for meals/expenses but one guy invited his "sister" out for lobster and ... well $180 later that was the end of the credit cards for meals. We all bitched when we went to per-diem, then realised that we were often not able to grab a bite to eat on the road if there was limited time. Now we still get meals provided on early starts and long legs, and get per-diem too. I prefer it over a credit card. We get $3.00 /hr. for international too.

One question - does anyone know what the tax implications are? I always keep my receipts for my meals that I do buy, just in case, but I was told that the IRS does not look too kindly on per-diem if it's not being used up. It can be treated as income. Anyone out there who can advise?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back