• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats your back-up plan? (lose medical)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would find a 3rd world country in which to fly........I've done it before, I'll do it again.

BTW; A friend of mine holds a class 1 medical with type 1 diabetes. He gets his insulin in Mexico. Point; Diabetes isn't necessarilty the end of your career.

Sorry about that Please Hire Me, I completely misunderstood your question. I've been in the situation of losing my medical after some idiot stole my wallet.

I called the Civil Aeromedical Institute (CAMI) and requested a faxed copy. I took out the reg book, found the address, and sent 'em my 2 or 3 bucks for the copy and the fax. Ten minutes later I was airworthy again, and two weeks later I had my duplicate copy.

Another method would be to splurge the $65-100 at the AME for a new one....

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Loss of Medical

I recently had my 1st class medical application denied. I have been a Private Pilot since 92' and recently got my Inst. Comm. Multi. all fixed wing. I passed my two CFI writtens and got all the way thru to my CFI maneuvers and then lost my medical. I have one last chance to write in to appeal. But it does not look good. It still has not sunk in, but I am afraid that when I get my first of 3 5inch thick student loan payment books, reality will set in. Any ideas or help would be great. Please no "do you want fries with that" advice. That's funny the first 2,000 times you hear it but when you are in the "meat grinder", which I am, it's not funny.

eyelevelflyer:

Can you not instruct with a Class II flight physical? I know the Class I is pretty strict and is required for military, airlines, fractionals, and some corporate and charter outfits but I don't think it is required for instructing. I could be wrong though.

I thank God I got an A&P and a degree besides aviation science! I have been in these dire straits before! It isnt pretty and can be very real when it happens to you! Some of you joke about it, but when one day you or somebody you know will walk into the AME office and not walk out with a crisp white new medical, instead your head will be racing about what just happened and how! DONT TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED! I try like hell to cherish every flight, even when Im on my 12th hour of duty, I'll take a step back and remeber what it was like when I couldnt do this......and I dont bitch as much, until I get to the bar!

Take care of yourselves guys and gals...............your livelyhood depends on it!!

Now Im off to go running.........Take care ALL!!!

Lost medical

eyelevelflyer,

Get your IGI and AGI so that you can teach ground school for now. Keep working with your AME and OK City. You can touch base with virtual flight surgeons in Denver. They specialize in "difficult" FAA medicals. They do charge a fee, of course. They are located at the following URL:

http://www.aviationmedicine.com/

Hang in there. The FAA moves slowly and it takes time. I thought that by mentioning heart troubles and cancer that I had most of the bases covered for the really bad stuff. I know exactly what you are feeling right now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back