Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skytrash969

im BROKE bitch im BROKE!!
I remember a few months ago that the state of Masachusetts was going to close the base down. Does anybody know where the FW will be sent to? staying in Mass? Wish they would stay where they are....would be perfect to work there and live 5 min away.
ANybody here work for the 102nd?
thx, mark

the initial brac that i saw had their f15s going to NJ ANG in ACY (replacing f16s) but i think that has been since changed.

I remember a few months ago that the state of Masachusetts was going to close the base down.
Its not the state closing the base, its the ANG via BRAC. The state wants to keep it open.

the initial brac that i saw had their f15s going to NJ ANG in ACY (replacing f16s) but i think that has been since changed.
Old info. The F-15 are moving to Barnes and be the A-10s will move elsewhere. Last I heard there will be an alert detactment in Hartford. The problem is integrating the two squadrons. A lot of the A-10 dudes are hoping to go to F-15 school. The F-15 guys are fighting for their jobs. Not pretty.

Live 5 minutes away, you must live in Sandwich or Mashpee. Its too bad Otis has to close. It was a perfect location. But the fact is the ANG does want to run a stand alone base. Too expensive, having to pay for the control tower, infastructure, fire department and snow removal. That said there is talk about a new mission for Otis, but it won't involve military flying other than the Coast Guard and Army Guard who will remain.

aren't they sending a bunch of A-10 west to MI and ID and the bone yard?

is there a site for updated brac?

I think some of the 10's are going to the 188th in AR and the AR 16's are going to CA. The DOD will spend 100 bucks to save a nickle.

Hello,
I read an article recently that Otis was going to be realigned to the intelligence mission and that a "Distributed Ground Station" was going to be built. Not sure exactly what that is, but it will employ more people than the current fighter mission. In other news, the 101st FS (102nd FW) is converting to F-15C/D aircraft in FY-07.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead and Otis AFB brat

Latest resources

Back