Whats up with Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

So whats the deal? Last month Options pilots of been a pain in the A..! Flexjet drivers and Execjet drivers have been fine, but Options, damn...rude rude cry babies in my opinion. I had one yell at me cause I cleared him for takeoff, we had a 1 minute window to get him out, he told me that he was gonna need 2 mins so i cancelled t.o. clrnce and canceled the IFR release....30 secs later he's ready, can't get another release on him for 5 mins due to inbound traffic that he was supposed to hurry up originally for and he gives me a ration of S.... for it. YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PLANE IN THE AIR. Ive had numerous occasions, off line with center calling a downtime as they clear the runway, begin the taxi to the ramp and they are calling every 5 secs while im offline, doe'sn't stop them from taxiing, and it they cry baby attitudes about me not answering the second they called well you think they were gonna die. IMO, Options......I aint gonna do you any more favors! NONE!@#

Lrjtcaptain said:
So whats the deal? Last month Options pilots of been a pain in the A..! Flexjet drivers and Execjet drivers have been fine, but Options, dang...rude rude cry babies in my opinion. I had one yell at me cause I cleared him for takeoff, we had a 1 minute window to get him out, he told me that he was gonna need 2 mins so i cancelled t.o. clrnce and canceled the IFR release....30 secs later he's ready, can't get another release on him for 5 mins due to inbound traffic that he was supposed to hurry up originally for and he gives me a ration of S.... for it. YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PLANE IN THE AIR. Ive had numerous occasions, off line with center calling a downtime as they clear the runway, begin the taxi to the ramp and they are calling every 5 secs while im offline, doe'sn't stop them from taxiing, and it they cry baby attitudes about me not answering the second they called well you think they were gonna die. IMO, Options......I aint gonna do you any more favors! NONE!@#

don't hold back. tell us how you really feel

kind of counter productive

Lrjtcaptain said:
So whats the deal? Last month Options pilots of been a pain in the A..! Flexjet drivers and Execjet drivers have been fine, but Options, dang...rude rude cry babies in my opinion. I had one yell at me cause I cleared him for takeoff, we had a 1 minute window to get him out, he told me that he was gonna need 2 mins so i cancelled t.o. clrnce and canceled the IFR release....30 secs later he's ready, can't get another release on him for 5 mins due to inbound traffic that he was supposed to hurry up originally for and he gives me a ration of S.... for it. YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PLANE IN THE AIR. Ive had numerous occasions, off line with center calling a downtime as they clear the runway, begin the taxi to the ramp and they are calling every 5 secs while im offline, doe'sn't stop them from taxiing, and it they cry baby attitudes about me not answering the second they called well you think they were gonna die. IMO, Options......I aint gonna do you any more favors! NONE!@#

to take 1 isolated incident and hold the other 750 pilots responsible dont you think?

Lrjtcaptain said:
You need a union break brother!

mnixon said:
You need a union break brother!

The bitch in Washington is short staffing the controller workforce, and good 'ole Lrjetcaptain can't get his breaks in when he's supposed to. Somebody around here was saying that the newhires should "watch out" because they'll be getting high paid spots over current employees. Well, if the beeootch has her way, the current guys can have all of the spots, because her proposed pay scale is laughable.

clickclickboom said:
to take 1 isolated incident and hold the other 750 pilots responsible dont you think?

90% of the Options flights have had attitudes. I used one example that really pissed me off. I can only run planes in IFR weather as fast as the 7110.65 lets me, this guy has to go go go. Screw that.

Smellthejeta.....its gonna be a bad deal for the new hires. If i were in a cti school right now or in the hirring pool, id call OKC and tell them to f' off.....New hires are going to get hosed on pay. I hate to make recomendations by saying find another job to them all cause we need as many bodies as we can, but if they take the job, they are selling themselves short.

Lrjtcaptain said:
90% of the Options flights have had attitudes. I used one example that really pissed me off. I can only run planes in IFR weather as fast as the 7110.65 lets me, this guy has to go go go. Screw that.

Smellthejeta.....its gonna be a bad deal for the new hires. If i were in a cti school right now or in the hirring pool, id call OKC and tell them to f' off.....New hires are going to get hosed on pay. I hate to make recomendations by saying find another job to them all cause we need as many bodies as we can, but if they take the job, they are selling themselves short.

90% huh?

This sounds like a case of "I'm in line, it is just that everyone else is not."

Lrjtcaptain said:

I was wondering if it's going to be as bad as I thought it looked. I'm in the pool, currently waiting for my secret clearance to come through, with a spot down at ZHU. OKC may be giving me the bird for medical reasons (mentioned in other posts), and for that reason, I am actually pursuing other career avenues. Don Brown of AVWEB fame keeps telling me the job ain't all that it's cracked up to be.

The more I think about it (and plan for plan B) the more hesitant I am to take the job. Why? First of all, my current job is pretty darn good for the job that it is, allowing me to save some good money and is paying for a very large chunk of a Masters degree.

If I leave this, I probably won't be able to come back to it, in its current form and wage. I'm going to OKC, making $8.85/hr for three friggin' months (presuming I pass the medical THIS time around). Then I have to slave away at ZHU making whatever it is the bottom tier guys make. I can do that and put away some emergency funds if I'm making $50k+ per year. I figure my medical will hold up long enough for me to put away enough money to go back to school if I have to. However, if I'm only making $40k, it might be a different story. If I lose my medical after the first year or two, I'm kinda stuck. IMHO, her proposed pay scale isn't a high enough reward for the risk involved. Because of the whole medical thing (and then coupled with that B scale) I'm really tempted to be done with the whole thing now while it's easier to get plan B done instead of later when I lose my medical in my 40's... or sooner. The B scale just gives me more of an excuse.

What's up with tower controllers these days. I mean jesus 90 percent of them are bitching and bitching. Half of them mumble on the radio, the other half think they are a ny controller when they shouldn't leave the state of nebraska. The departure and enroute controllers are great. The tower guys taxi to runway 21 then no 12.... then a long pause.

Yes your post does sound that stupid.

Hey there

I'd agree that we have a couple of people like that at options, but not too many. And I'd imagine you've probably worked just about all of us at one time or another, I'm sorry for any added stress some of our pilots may have caused you, but just know there are plenty of us ( I'd say better than 90% ) who appreciate the job you do for all of us...not just options.
I can agree that some people have a tough time understanding that sometimes you get all the breaks and short cuts, and sometimes you just gotta fall in line.

Latest resources

Back