Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

got_jumpseat?

NO BLO JETS
I understand ALPA and MESA agreed to the first 6 sections of their new contract in negotiations. ALPA then agreed to postpone a court case today in PHX. Could a deal be in the works?? Then I got this is my mailbox. I am going to paste it here. Happy Holidays everybody.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johnathan Orenstien's road show with pilots took him to Charlotte where somebody took some notes last week. Take it all with a grain of salt, but this is some of what was said.

All of the HP PHX CRJ-200’s are being replaced with CRJ-700’s. One for one. These CRJ-200's will either be parked or become part of a J4J deal.

All the HP-PHX Beech and Dash-8 turboprops gone soon too. (he has been saying this for 3 or 4 years now).

70 jets at US Air just tip of the iceberg/ 30 of them 70 seaters / some 90 seaters to be re-config to 80 seats. All of U scope issues already dealt with in bk court.

Mesa has 4 ERJ options left, Unused American Eagle options may become available to MESA. All the erj’s will stay mesa pilots // New US Air CRJ’s U pilots in a j4j deal. J4J deal supposed to be announced with the ratification of a new MESA pilots contract.

"training silo concept" new hire turboprop fo must upgrade in new hire equipment before moving on to different equipment (jets) later.

The Mesa/F9 Jet Express flying is losing money with light loads but Orenstien wants to keep a "presence in Denver" he thinks it is important for some reason.

UNITED deal in the works. Multi part turboprop flying to include all YV DHC8’s + aquiring some of the wo DHC8-200's. Yes, 200's were specified. (Denver??)

JO's opinion is the freedom pilots need to be thanked, they “saved the 700 flying” from going somewhere else. He thinks they should retain their seniority in a merged list. Spin off not a good idea now according to Orenstien.

Financing for 60 total a/c secured and avail right now, aircraft can go to either Freedumb or Mesa certificates. More financing may be needed. Remember this is from Orenstiens lips, although not quite in agreement, it seems to be at least in parallel with information coming from the Mesa MEC.

"70 jets at US Air just tip of the iceberg/ 30 of them 70 seaters / some 90 seaters to be re-config to 80 seats. All of U scope issues already dealt with in bk court. "

God help us....That's about the worst news I've heard all year...I'm sure the analysts will be happier than a pig in sh#t when they see the 70 and 90/80 seat pay rates.

Latest resources

Back