• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...HUGE windfall of business they recieved as a result of the lion's share of the AMC flying being re-directed to those properties....
You got a lot of nerve saying that! Hugh windfall...right...we had airplanes sitting around doing nothing. Lion's share!!! The 3 L-1011s brought in the lions share...SCOFF!! The 757 you say, AMC hates the 757!
You make it sound like we started AMC flying because ATA, the master's of AMC flying, failed. I guess for the past 60 years of flying for the military we've been waiting for that to happen.

I disagree, regarding the debt and I may add all significant operational support effectively ended when the GAL transaction closed. M-P picked the operation with the highest labor costs, and deliberately tanked it.

World and NAA - if they are profitable now - are only so because of the HUGE windfall of business they recieved as a result of the lion's share of the AMC flying being re-directed to those properties. They'll look like hero's when they launch the IPO - at the expense of 2,500 ATA employees and their families.

How are our former DC-10's working out for you, by the way?[/quote

Seth, do yourself a favor, focus your energy on getting a new job before 900 United Pilots hit the street and take them.

Your seat grab lawsuit failed, World did not bring this upon you.

As for the DC-10 comment.............we luv em.

MD

Of the 4 DC-10's at ATA, only two were operating. One marginally so. If and I do MEAN "IF" we take delivery, we will only operate one of them. As for the 3 DC-10's GAL (NOT ATA but GAL) purchased, that were originally slated to go to ATA, but before they were operational, GAL decided to send them over to WOA. And like Magadeth says, we love those airplanes.

Seth,the reason ATA was shuttered was very simple,they were losing tons of money.They ran through the millions that came with the World deal in a matter of months.As far as a windfall for World because of ATAs demise,you apparently are ignorant of the manner in which AMC flying is awarded.

Guys this scenario has been played out time and time again. I personally have been on the loosing end of this saga TWICE and its no fun. WOA has done the honorable thing and extended preferential hiring to the ATA guys of which they had entirely NO OBLIGATION to do so but merely as a measure of good faith. Alot of times when we spend an extended period of time at a place and we forget that this is business and companies come and go. A little refresher is to watch the movie "Wall Street", remember Blue Star Airlines and Mr. Gecko. The small guys are always affected because they pour their lifes blood into a company and formulate a loyalty and dedication that is not mutual. The anger will subside and hurt feelings will mend but just remember the guy you offend today could be your Chief Pilot tomorrow. The tsunami is still yet to crash ashore..wait till the majors start sh*t canning people in the fall, so get in where you fit in. Finally to all ATA aviators, Im sure WOA will embrace all that get aboard with a warm and heartfelt "WELCOME". There should be no axe to grind between ATA and WOA as both are pawns in a much larger game. Be smart do not go the way of the other two airlines fighting i.e. Hattfield Air versus McCoy Air Cargo PLEASE!!

Last edited:
They're in bankruptcy, they have terminated all pilots and FE under a year, the company is not paying those guys for the last to weeks of service, their corporate credit cards have been canceled and they are set to auction business and assets off in Aug.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601127&sid=auorTg0RWZBE&refer=law

On a lighter note, more than a hand full of GAC MD11 pilots are interviewing at World this week. All information that I have is from a friend at GAC.

PtP

They're in bankruptcy, they have terminated all pilots and FE under a year, the company is not paying those guys for the last to weeks of service, their corporate credit cards have been canceled and they are set to auction business and assets off in Aug.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601127&sid=auorTg0RWZBE&refer=law

On a lighter note, more than a hand full of GAC MD11 pilots are interviewing at World this week. All information that I have is from a friend at GAC.

PtP

I just got word from a good friend at Gemini that company is NOT going to pay back the pilot group for using their own credit cards for travel and hotels these last couple of months after they lost their AMEX account.

I just got word from a good friend at Gemini that company is NOT going to pay back the pilot group for using their own credit cards for travel and hotels these last couple of months after they lost their AMEX account.

I think that person should refile their expense report or stop spreading bad rumors. I've been reimbursed for all my expenses including ones on my personal card. That includes the expense report I put in yesterday that was approved for payment on my next(and last) paycheck. So has most everyone else I've spoken with. By the way, it hasn't been months since the cards were cancelled. It was only about a week and a half ago...right about the time the big announcement came along.

Latest resources

Back