What's Up at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mainiac

Just wondering what's happening at Comair? I'm one of the many that bailed out last fall, enjoying Q.O.L at home, flying charter! Did they park more airplanes, as everyone predicted, or did the new vote hold it off? I know my current ignorance, combined with my admitted retreat from the Wonderful World of the Regionals may be the source of many laughs and/or ridicule , but I just haven't been on the Forum for a while, and I'm wondering what's happening to all my friends there.

There is a little more flying in March than February, recalls are happening, and they filed to throw out the flight attendant's contract. Beyond that, there hasn't been a whole lot of news.

imacdog said:
There is a little more flying in March than February, recalls are happening, and they filed to throw out the flight attendant's contract. Beyond that, there hasn't been a whole lot of news.

They need to void labor contracts so they can pay all their a'hole buddies in management bonuses!'

737 Pylt said:
They need to void labor contracts so they can pay all their a'hole buddies in management bonuses!'

Actually the only bonuses are going to Delta management. Read the article in today's USA Today.

Homer Jay said:
I'm on reserve next month and I have been here for three years..FUN TIMES!!!

Homer Jay, you aren't from SAV are you. Just wondered if your were in the class of FEB 17 03.

Anybody around from Nov 02? I'm trying to find an old classmate who was deployed to Iraq. Not sure if he's back yet. I think he was 20223.

PS - Mainiac. I jumped ship too. Which hurt like hell after resigning my seniority from a carrier I was furloughed from to go there. But the ship was sinking. I couldn't see the benefit of hanging around to watch it sink. I think we did the right thing - especially now, seeing the paycuts, furloughs, loss of retirement, etc.

Last edited:
The fall-out from the LOA is still being felt. Most are taking a wait and see atitude. There are rumblings deep in the bowels of the pilot group aimed at ALPA's, and more importantly the MEC's, Non-direction. Can a mutiny be far behind? That remains to be seen.

The demise of Cmair might not come from the pilot group rather the Flight Attendants. From what I read today, mngmnt is trying to throw out there contract. Your average F/A is making is making probably 25K/year and they want to reduce that? What a joke.

737 Pylt said:

I hear that Fred "I stuck It To My Pilots" Butrell is going to ask for more cuts from the pilots.

Latest resources

Back