Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotpm

Livin' the dream Baby!
Hey gang, What's the latest at ATI? I interviewed and was offered a job back in June. Then it slipped to Sept. and now has slipped to Oct. - Dec. Please don't tell me that more 8s are getting parked! How about new contracts for the 767? any news would be helpful. The unemployment will be running out soon and no one else is calling me.

First of all, congratulations on being selected for class. Second, sorry you were selected for class. I wish any of us here could be more informative, but things are so complicated right now that I don't think any of us have a clue as to where we're headed or what will happen.

As you may have heard, the last 767 class was junior manned, except for a few who defied our collective sense of solidarity by bidding it despite MIA basing. There are a lot of hard feelings, a lot of confusion, some anger. The biggest issue is Miami basing for this second cadre of 767 people, when we have been home based for ever, including the first group of 767 folk who are senior and who have earned it. As I said, it's very complicated. And it's all a big game for the people whose paychecks aren't on the line (isn't it always?).

I just returned to our TOL hub from a charter, to three other DC-8s sitting on the ramp generating zero revenue. While I'm sure our charter was lucrative, we carried nothing but air all the way back from Europe. I've been wondering for a while whether we're even really trying to sell the incredible capacity that we have sitting around. A ploy on management's part? ATSG calling the shots? I have no idea, but it's really frustrating. We currently have two downgraded captains, (would have been four, but, again, it's complicated...), and I have heard that another DC-8 will soon be parked. Furlough? 767 guys would be the first to go. Is that a plan? Wish I knew!

I hope that you get a call from someone else soon. Please don't hold your breath for ATI unless you've got some really incredible lung capacity. As I've said right here on FI before, this could and should be a great place to stay. Right now, it seems to be doing it's best to not be.

Last edited:
Frankly, we're not sure anyone's 'running the place'. If someone is, they're doing a fine job of running it into the ground. Amazing what a difference 8 months can make.

Frankly, we're not sure anyone's 'running the place'. If someone is, they're doing a fine job of running it into the ground. Amazing what a difference 8 months can make.

Nobody is running anything. The train is on the tracks and is driverless. Hete and his minions are back in the executive car counting their coins.

Latest resources

Back