• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on Kalitta Air hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I have heard, a new hire has to get himself to YIP for school and pay for a hotel during school, 6-7 weeks I assume. Is per diem paid during school in YIP and what can one expect for hotel costs?

Yes you pay for the hotel. You get a set amount per month. When I went through (6 years ago) it was $800 per month. I am not sure what it is now. There are apartments that you can rent. When I went through I rented an apartment with two other guys. I think I paid $300 per month for rent.

How do you like it after 6 yrs, embpic? How is that sched on the body? Time zone changes, etc. How often do you get the back to back scheds where you're 30 days out? I have a good chance to get on with them and i'm very interested. Thanks.

There is going to be a lot of hiring. The classic has around 70 crews right now not including new hire class and the latest word from YIP is they are planning at least 18 -200's and 110 crews minimum.

The 400 is also under crewed quite a bit right now and the crewing level has to increase. The training dept has been told don't expect a break anytime this year!

Most junior Capt now is May '08 and they had a 1 year holiday (furlough in '09).

How do you like it after 6 yrs, embpic? How is that sched on the body? Time zone changes, etc. How often do you get the back to back scheds where you're 30 days out? I have a good chance to get on with them and i'm very interested. Thanks.

I have never had a full back to back (34 days). The longest I have been out is 26 days and that only happened once. I will admit that this job can be hard on the body. Your sleep cycles get trashed every month. When I come home it takes about 4-5 days to sleep when my family does. Even with that I really like the job. I enjoy the people I work with as well as the kind of flying we do. I will admit that after about 10-12 days out I am ready to come home. The last five days or so can seem to drag on but that is just me. It is not for everyone. So far I think I made the right choice coming here.

Well that's good to hear. Thank you for the info. Thanks Victor as well. That' good news as well.

$600 a week, no perdiem during GS. Pay for own hotel in GS (about a month...$1100 at the Candlewood in Ann Arbor). Once in sim you get hotel and perdiem ($40/day)...at least you do for the 400, not sure about the classic. well, i know you get a hotel, not sure about the perdiem.

Hello New-Hires.

My Name is Chris I am a First Officer at Kalitta Air. I live right down the street in Belleville and I have a room for rent. The room has a Bunk Bed with a full size mattress on the bottom and a twin on the top, private bath, gym, wifi internet, access to the laundry room and kitchen. I will rent out the room to 2 K4 new-hires. Call me for the price and to set up a interview.

Thanks.

Chris.
734-301-1705 or
send me a IM.

oh man....where were you when i went thru? :) Actually I kind of liked the hotel situation, but very cool of you to offer to new hires!

Could someone from Kalitta post one of their more recent schedules or a trip example? Just curious to see what it looks like.

Latest resources

Back