• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats The Story On Air Tahoma?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's with all the hostility? It seems that all superpilot92 was trying to do is get some feedback. Not everyone on the board may know about the search function. And respectfully, you may have more hours or experience than I, but your attitudes stink. I may not have enough hours to fly 121 yet or become an FO with a 135 operation, but I do know that pretty much every single one of you has been where superpilot92 is now. I'm low time, and you have been too. You have had to earn those hours just as many of us are trying to do now. Don't forget where you came from...you all had low time at one point. And I am fairly confident that despite what you might say, that you have had many of the same concerns as well.

I am on this web site for one real reason and thats to explore my options and learn from others whom have been there done that. I appreciate all you all whom are supportive of the fact that i am not sitting on my butt waiting for a job to come to me. This is all about what they call "networking" the more people i talk to the more advice i get the better off i become. I appreciate all the negative remarks also because those remarks remind me how i will never end up. All the negative remarks come from people who would never be happy no matter how much money they made or how many days off a month they have. I shall never be like them. Thanks everyone.

Howlinmadmurdoc,

What? F#@% flight instructing. Go for some real world flying, where you are actually flying the aircraft instead of monitoring. It will make you a better pilot and prepare you for any sim eval. You are the one that has no idea what you are talking about.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
What? F#@% flight instructing. Go for some real world flying, where you are actually flying the aircraft instead of monitoring. It will make you a better pilot and prepare you for any sim eval. You are the one that has no idea what you are talking about.
Nice attitude General, and easier said than done. Not everyone has the luxury of building time towing gliders and banners or doing traffic and pipeline patrol, the usual non-CFI timebuilding jobs. In many cases working as a CFI might be the only game in town to fatten up the logbook... so a guy should hold out and work at Taco Bell until the perfect non-CFI low-time flying job comes along?? Also, being a CFI is not just monitoring, you still get to fly as well as learn from others mistakes. I have close to 1300 hrs as a CFI, and did just fine flying the sim at several interviews; I even managed to survive as a freight dog, commuter pilot, 121 DC-9/727 charter puke, and now FO at a major... all starting from my first CFI gig.

Did you ever instruct, or are you one those guys that managed to get by without it and now look down on instructors? And why insinuate that being a CFI is not a real job? Unless you were born with the innate ability to fly, I'm guessing you were taught to fly by a CFI... so what's with the holier than thou attitude towards instructing? Drop the attitude and stick with discussing RJs vs. mainline on the other boards.

jbDC9,

Yeah, I did instruct for about 1 year in the late late 80's. It was good to get some right seat time and get used to flying with that particular hand etc. But, that was about it. I think, and yes it is my opinion---which is allowed on this forum thank you very much---that getting some real world flying ---IF POSSIBLE--- is better for you and will help you in any sim eval for a new job. I never put down CFI's---I just said it was my opinion that another type of flying was better for the average pilot. You need to relax and understand that I CAN SAY ANYTHING I WANT on this board. I can give my opinion and that is the way it is. I have contributed money to this board---and will do so again. You have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude, look at the payscale. Have you looked at it? I was offered a 580 PIC slot and the pay was mid to high 20's, maybe. The FO pay looked like it was around ZERO. Ok, not ZERO but low, low teens, MAYBE. How in the heck are you going to live in Columbus on 1200 dollars a month GROSS. 1200 is on the high side. The pay is like 45 bucks a day IF you fly. 7 dollars a day if you dont fly. Do the math because there is NO guarentee you will fly. Aircraft breaks or you are stuck in a hotel you get 7 dollars a day.

I wont even mentioin the safety issues.

Man, I appreciate the info. I have decided to just instruct and work hard here until i get a good job offer. I make 1300 to 1800 here instructing each month. I am going to be picky with where i go work. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back