Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the latest with Jetsuite out of SoCal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I reviewed the big thread that was last touched in latter June. So, what's the latest? I presume training has commenced and the initial cadre of pilots hired recently are either training or waiting for training dates.

When are we going to start seeing these airplanes on ramps around SoCal and the throughout the West Coast? Will they have a distinctive paint scheme or even a callsign? I fly into the LA area all the time and I haven't heard much. With that significant Phenom 100 order I would expect to see many in the coming months/years. I can see that the website has been touched up a bit but nothing too revealing has been added.

So, how soon will things get ramped up? Is the plan still on track? When are we going to be hearing "Jetsuite XYZ..." on the radio?

I had heard (but dont quote me) that the delay is due to the Phenom simultor not being certified yet. The next closest one is in Brazil. So I guess its taking a while.

Look around at the economy. It's gonna be real slow. Many of the most recent startups have slowed deliveries way down (Avantair, XOJet) primarily due to the dramatic slowdown in biz flying.

Any word on the sim at CAE? When is the FAA going back to see if it is up and ready? The only other sim is in london and I don't know if that is up and running.

There are only two sims and neither one is certified yet. One at CAE DFW and the other in the U.K. Embraer Brazil does in-aircraft training in Sao Jose Dos Campos and you're not typed there. You come back to KAFW for a few prep flights and then the type ride with the FAA. If there are slots available for training at AFW, you'll complete training there. But the Brazilian Visa is good for 5 years.

The FAA should be back to CAE next week for another shot at certification. I've heard they're very close. If it gets certified there will be a press release about it.

Heard August 15th at the earliestfor the sim.

I got an email offering a large number of Phenom 100 positions for sale.

How many have actually been hired and trained?

I got an email offering a large number of Phenom 100 positions for sale.

How many have actually been hired and trained?

That doesn't sound very positive... Although that could mean good news for JetSuite if the former position owners (located in SoCal) still need transportation. Haven't heard much about JetSuite's status lately...

Latest resources

Back