• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

whats the latest at air wisconsin.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand that we have made an agreement with the United MEC that future hiring here will give priority to United Furloughs.
I don't know if the poolies were discussed at all...

Last update call I got, Kristy said that pollies are the next into class in the order they were put into the pool. From what I was told any united newhires would be dropped into the pool with the rest of us. I'm still on the outside looking in so I don't put much weight on anything I hear until it happens

vagabond04 said:
I understand that we have made an agreement with the United MEC that future hiring here will give priority to United Furloughs.

They will be hiried when they resign their UAL seniority,
and I'm sure there won't be many.

vagabond04 said:

They will not have hiring priority, they will be offered prefferencial interviews, resign their seniority, and then swim in the pool. Those that left AWAC to United will still not be able to re-apply as the company hasn't dropped the "no re-hire policy".

AWAC's MEC has made it clear that they will not entertain J4J system as adopted by others. If something along those lines came along there would be no super seniority, different pay etc and anyone would go to the bottom of the list at 1st FO year pay.

Well...I had dinner with our MEC chairman, and an LEC chairman, and they explained the set up. Interview priority, and hiring with NO strings attached. United folks will not have to give up seniority over there. That's the beauty of it. You are correct...we will not even go near the j4j issue...Whiteford called our mec immediately and said that's not what he is looking for. The interviewing now is a separate deal anyway. (if)the 700s come then we will do something else. This is a great opportunity for some furloughs to go back in some capacity (although a lesser one), and for us to hire and work with some great guys in the meantime.

ps yes they will be as new hires. bottom of list and year one pay...it is still a positive move in my opinion

....we will not even go near the J4J thing...

If it benefits mainline pilots, ALPA will support it and you can bet your @ss you'll see it. USAirways, American, and you don't think the United pilots ALREADY have a version drawn up?

MEC = ????
LEC = ????

airjackson said:
....we will not even go near the J4J thing...

If it benefits mainline pilots, ALPA will support it and you can bet your @ss you'll see it. USAirways, American, and you don't think the United pilots ALREADY have a version drawn up?

They may but we won't see it here at AWAC everyone to the bottom, no super seniority if you want that or to be a new hire Capt then call the folks in Farmington NM!!

WD

Rottweiller said:
Those that left AWAC to United will still not be able to re-apply as the company hasn't dropped the "no re-hire policy".

Just curious why they would have a no re-hire policy in the first place? Seems to me that someone that did a good job there in the past an left for professional progression (not because of problems) would be a good candidate. Doesn't AWAC know where they are on the food chain?

Latest resources

Back