What's the going rate on mileage?

ILLINI

Total Time
++++
I was just curious what the going rate on mileage was. I heard one person tell me it was .32/mile. What do you guys/gals think?

Also, one of the planes that we fly is based out of PWK (north of Chicago), which is a little farther from home than my normal drive to DPA, which is our "home base". If I am dispatched on a trip where I would have to drive from home to PWK (55miles) to pick up the plane to start the trip, should I expect to be paid round trip mileage? ie. 55 miles from home to PWK, and another 55 for the trip back home for a total of 110 miles. OR, is it the norm to pay only one way? OR, is it the difference between the miles I would drive to work normally at DPA and the distance to PWK?

Just curious. I put the round trip mileage on my expense sheet, but was wondering what everyone else thought. I'd like your opinions so I know if I should argue it if they pay me any less than the round trip I filled out.

Thanks!

SDF2BUF2MCO

Bird Nerd
Total Time
Adding
Hey Illini,

I'm in a different business but for what it is worth, my company pays $0.345 a mile. They pay for the round trip but I (personally) exclude the mileage for my normal drive to work. So for example, a normal round trip to work is 30 miles and I have to go to Tampa which is approximately 180 miles. I wouldn't charge 30 miles. Now if it was my day off, I charge the entire trip.
Definitely charge for the round trip. As far as charging your normal drive portion that's up to you. I would be surprised if your company challenged but who knows?
Go Paris (IL) Tigers! Go IU Hoosiers! Had to get that in.

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
Total Time
At Mesaba we are paid a whopping .225cents a mile. I think the IRS believes .33cents a mile is fair.