What's the going rate on mileage?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

I was just curious what the going rate on mileage was. I heard one person tell me it was .32/mile. What do you guys/gals think?

Also, one of the planes that we fly is based out of PWK (north of Chicago), which is a little farther from home than my normal drive to DPA, which is our "home base". If I am dispatched on a trip where I would have to drive from home to PWK (55miles) to pick up the plane to start the trip, should I expect to be paid round trip mileage? ie. 55 miles from home to PWK, and another 55 for the trip back home for a total of 110 miles. OR, is it the norm to pay only one way? OR, is it the difference between the miles I would drive to work normally at DPA and the distance to PWK?

Just curious. I put the round trip mileage on my expense sheet, but was wondering what everyone else thought. I'd like your opinions so I know if I should argue it if they pay me any less than the round trip I filled out.

Thanks!

Hey Illini,

I'm in a different business but for what it is worth, my company pays $0.345 a mile. They pay for the round trip but I (personally) exclude the mileage for my normal drive to work. So for example, a normal round trip to work is 30 miles and I have to go to Tampa which is approximately 180 miles. I wouldn't charge 30 miles. Now if it was my day off, I charge the entire trip.
Definitely charge for the round trip. As far as charging your normal drive portion that's up to you. I would be surprised if your company challenged but who knows?
Go Paris (IL) Tigers! Go IU Hoosiers! Had to get that in.

At Mesaba we are paid a whopping .225cents a mile. I think the IRS believes .33cents a mile is fair.

Latest resources

Back