Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the deal with Caravan SIC all the sudden?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
I this a new scam? And how the hell are you going to get 135 minimums sitting in the right seat of the Caravan. Its 135 you cant even try to log it as instruction time.

Second In Command in Hawaii 7/25/2005
Pacific Wings Airlines conducts on going recruiting for professional pilots for the position of SICs to operate our fleet of C-208B Caravan aircraft in Maui, Hawaii. We highly encourage qualified applicants to submit a resume.

We pride ourselves on over 30 years of safe, reliable, efficient, and affordable scheduled airline service. To be considered for the SIC position, you must have a willingness to provide extreme customer care, relocate, learn our reservations system (WorldSpan: System that a majority of airlines use), airport checkin, ramping, along with being scheduled to fly.

Applicants must hold at least a FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Single-Engine and Instrument ratings. Have logged at least 500 total hours, be instrument current, current second class medical.

As a C-208B Flight Crewmember as Pacific Wings Airline, you will receive competitive compensation and medical package as well as non-rev and jumpseat on several major airlines. This is not a pay for training program. SICs will sign a year contract that is pro-rated. As an SIC you will learn all aspects of an airline which will enhance overall career. Upon reaching FAR 135 IFR minimums, SICs will be eligible for upgrade to Captain. Pacific Wings Airline is a drug-free workplace and does perform pre-employment and random drug screening.

For consideration, resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter presenting yourself and your experience.
NO PHONE CALLS OR MAIL
Please email to: [email protected]

There are 2 companys offering similar. This one is taking people at 250 hours total? www.wingsofpeace.org . I sent them an resume but never heard anything - didn't expect to. Although judging by the spelling on the company webpage it seems a bit dodgy.

Position Open
img04.jpg

Captain instructor
Simulator C.208
Retired Captains Prefered

Captain Caravan 208

MIN. REQ
CPL: 5,000TT

First Officer Low

Low Time Pilots
Click for Details+

Time position Available
OPL ICAO 250hrs
Pleace send your resume to [email protected]

INTERNATIONAL PILOTS

WELCOME

turbodriver said:
whoever falls for this deserves what they get, that's all I have to say...

They will get a turbine job and probably upgrade quickly. It's 135, it is perfectly loggable SIC time. It can be logged PIC every other leg when sole manipulator. This topic has been covered many times. If it was 91 then it would be different...

We hire SICs for the PC-12s at our outfit (91 subpart K). That is the ONLY way to get your foot in the door and also how potential new "Captains" are screened/selected. It has worked this way for almost 10 years and no one, including the FAA, has complained.

No worries mon, be happy!

ackattacker said:
They will get a turbine job and probably upgrade quickly. It's 135, it is perfectly loggable SIC time. It can be logged PIC every other leg when sole manipulator. This topic has been covered many times. If it was 91 then it would be different...

yup, just what you want on that resume - SIC time in a single engine Cessna.

If that wont raise eyebrows Im not sure what will!

for chrissakes, be a CFI before doing that.

I mean, you cant even be accused of jerking gear in a caravan!

legal or not its LOSERTIME - dont log it.

That wings-of-peace "opportunity" requires that you pay for your training...which is mostly Cessna 150 and 170.

If you're going for the missionary experience, then weather you get paid or not is really immaterial. If you're going for the flying opportunity and for commecial gain, then clearly getting paid is a key ingredient.

Geronimo4497 said:
We hire SICs for the PC-12s at our outfit (91 subpart K). That is the ONLY way to get your foot in the door and also how potential new "Captains" are screened/selected. It has worked this way for almost 10 years and no one, including the FAA, has complained.

No worries mon, be happy!
We almost had FO's in the Carvans at the Feeders. Somebody at the home office had the idea that we should be CAT II certified, so we got some CAT II Caravans in the system. This would have required two pilot crew and special training. On the bright side of things, it would have meant more pilot jobs. :)

I think that it's pretty sad that people have to make comments like these regarding paying flying jobs...I'm quite sure the guys who flew mail during the early days, would punch these two obnoxious jokers that posted above in the head.

Well I got in touch with a former Captain from Pacific Airways. Yes I am the network master. He says if you get hired on as SIC (he was hired on as a Captain) you have to work as a ramp agent or a bag thrower or whatever and then you fly SIC during your time off, for free. So not quite pay for training but you still need mom and dad to back you up because your only going to make 8 bucks an hour and you live in Maui. So I think its still kinda dogey to log SIC time in a Caravan but you can apparently earn your way to Captain (doesn't seem likely).

I going to keep on CFIing. I'm not trying to find an easy way out bro's I'm just wondering about deals like this.

Latest resources

Back