Whats the deal Virgin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a320drivr

I'm just curious what gives with the speeds you guys are flying at cruise? Mach .74 or .75 in an Airbus? Twice now coming into JFK ATC asked you guys to speed up and the pilots said no. They were then given a 90 degree turn and descended 2000 ft so we could get by. It would seem to me that the turn and descent cost you guys a lot more fuel then just speeding up to .78 or .79 for the last 200 miles of the flight.

just hope you never get behind us! we normally fly a CI of 5 or 6....not our choice, but anyhow! That being said, we will always accept an increased speed to stay on course over a vector.

I'm just curious what gives with the speeds you guys are flying at cruise? Mach .74 or .75 in an Airbus? Twice now coming into JFK ATC asked you guys to speed up and the pilots said no. They were then given a 90 degree turn and descended 2000 ft so we could get by. It would seem to me that the turn and descent cost you guys a lot more fuel then just speeding up to .78 or .79 for the last 200 miles of the flight.

It has to do with the CI we use. I would have sped up but people do things for different reasons. Neither of us were in the cockpit. Maybe they had a good reason...

News today said Virgin needed more money. Any takers?

United management is also asking for a cost index of 6 or 7 depending on 319/320. Block or better always rules

Sounds like something I mumbled on prom night.

Lots of people are flying slower. But NOONE should be dragging a s s into the JFK area. WTF...c'mon fellas.

Me personally...if we're wicked early...(JB--.78 normally)...I'll slow to .74ish. I'll tell ATC about it so we don't clog up the line. If they need us to speed up...then we'll do it.

I won't slow to the point where we're burning the same or more fuel to maintain that slower speed based on our weight. Whatever gives me the best economy...the QRH isn't always right in this case.

I've heard SWA on the radio at CRZ at .74 or so.

Latest resources

Back