Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
In the tradition of the "How do you pack?" thread I thought a little lighthearted "Friday Thread" was in order. I hope it doesn't go over like a lead balloon.

For those of you who have to pack an overnight bag (or gawd-forbid have to carry a brain bag around at all *gasp*), what do you put on it? What kind of bag tags or decals?

I put bag tags on mine because some clown walked off the airplane with my rollerboard in Rochester, MN once. I put so many tags on it after that the thing looked like a Christmas Tree for awhile.

I have since toned it down to a bag tag with the Legacy on it because people are always asking me what I fly and describing it always results in the same thing. "Is that like a Gulfstream?" "Is that like a CRJ?" "Is that like a Lear Jet?" Or my favorite, the "eyes glazed over because they have no idea" look.

So...I just put a picture on the tag to show them, "It's like *this* one."

I also have a "San Antonio Spurs" tag because they rock, they're world champs, and I love them. :)

Okay guys. It's all yours now.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Nothing, I'd hate to be mistaken for a pilot. I always try and steal the Wall Street Journal off the plane and put it on my bags, so that I look important though;) .

I stuck a "Lowe Alpine" sticker on my flight bag, just so I could find it in the crew room at a glance - it's the only one that doesn't have a dorky "I fly THIS airplane" sticker on it!

:p

I live in South Jersey:
I put a "95.1 WAYV" keychain on my bag. It's small, but still noticable. If someone mistakenly takes my bag after seeing that, well...
...we have something in common.

We might even open this up to include weirdest things seen on a bag. My personal favorite: "Orgasm Donor" with the medical "twisted snake" emblem and all.

When I still had a flight bag I had the assorted airline and airplane stickers along with a "Famous Dave's BarbQ" sticker

Duck tape.... Lots of duck tape.... Oh.. and a Hooters Air sticker....

falconpilot said:
Duck tape.... Lots of duck tape....

Do the stitching repairs with waxed dental floss; the knots don't slip and it's stronger than steel. For all else, there's pop rivets.

Have a good friend who went all 30 years with his newhire flight kit. It was a work of art. On his retirement flight, you could hardly tell it wasn't a fairly new bag. It contained no waxed dental floss or pop rivets.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back