What's my chances at EJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

proav

Just a question for any insiders or anyone with more knowledge than I have.
I applied at South West and EJA last Sept. I would be happy to hear from either one and do not plan on applying with anyone else. My question is, is there
a possibility of getting a call from EJA
without any LOR's from EJA pilots? I have
7200 T.T. , 2000 turbine, 1600 turbine
PIC, 480 jet. I am typed in the CE500 and current. I do not have a degree. Are
they looking for anyone like me or am I
out in the cold unless I get a recommendation from the inside?
Any comments would be appreciated!

Well I'm furloughed from a major, figured it wouldn't hurt to put my stuff in at EJA. About 2 months after sending my resume, they sent me an application. I filled it out, sent it in and after another month or two I got a letter saying I had met their qualifications and would be called in for an interview when interview slots became available. I haven't heard anything since. It's been quite a few months now. I initially applied in Oct. Didn't have one LOR, 2500hrs in turboprop and jet, and not a one type rating in any of their type of planes. Keep plugging away! I don't think I'll be called in for an interview, doesn't bother me, I'm not going to go anyway after reading about their training contracts and seniority resignation, even though it seems to be a class act operation.

Good luck!

proav,

You definitely have a good chance of getting the call. You dont need a letter of rec to get in...it may speed up the process, but many people dont have one. I would recommend that you keep updating your resume with eja.

As you know, they are swamped with resumes and are trying to catch up with the training for everyone that was hired. Did you get an app from them when you applied initially???

Even with eja taking the higher time guys/gals with the amount of resumes(not sure if this is the case for the folks hired lately)...you are right up there with the rest of them. The type rating might also help, but im not sure. I dont think that nt having a degree is a big deal either.

1900cpt

Thanks for the input. I did recieve an
application and promptly sent it back. I
recently updated my resume on line. I
guess I will do like everyone else and just try to wait as patiently as I can.
Good luck everyone!

I sent my resume and applications in on the first of August and got a call for an interview on the first of september for an October 12th interview. I got a call that I got the job on October 30th for a January 20th Indoc. I finished Sim on March 2nd and finished aircraft training April 12th. I am told it might take two months to shedule I.O.E. My point is that it takes a long time because eja is backed up on training and it takes alot of patience. I sent a LOR in after the interview but i don't think it speeded up the process. I understand that the interview process is even a longer process now. Just have patience because this is a good company with lots of growth.

Machspeed

Thanks for the info. I will try not chew off all of my fingernails!

Machspeed

Just curious, are you getting any kind of "pay check" while you are waiting???

The reason I ask is according to thier website, Your "Date of Hire" is the day you start training. It further states that your "salary" starts on your date of hire.

I have a long way to go before I can even think of looking for a job:D , but trying to learn as much as possible about the industry as a whole.

Thanks

:) You receive a paycheck from your date of hire. If you are waiting for IOE, you will receive your regular paycheck while you wait. Probably all the more reason hiring slowed down with such a training backlog!

Hope this helps.

Dragger

Latest resources

Back