• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats it like flying for connie?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You fly at all times of the day and night. Its not like typical hub stuff. It can be difficult to get on a reasonable sleep schedule though, since you pass through so many time zones. 24 hour layovers can be tough after an 18 hour duty day since if you sleep too much too soon, you'll be awake maybe 10 or 12 hours or so before youe start another long day.

embpic1 said:
He also has a new engine overhaul shop in Oscoda that is quite impressive.

Do the planes land for engine over haul, or just fly over and drop them off!!!!

Just kidding :laugh: I just couldn't resist.

How much can you expect to make after upgrade? Upgrades still running around 2 years or less?

Im expecting to upgrade right around the 2 year mark. Could be less but that seems about right.... I'm number 29 Fo on the list and about 10 guys dont seem interested in upgrading. There's 10 per upgrade class so if they do two more this year I'm in. (Jan 10 07 would be two years for me)

mediafile.show.php

Hmm just tried to post a payscale for you but it popped up with a NO LEECH! thing flashing at me.

3rd year Capt is 103 per hour x 61 hour garuntee so 75,396.00 base pay plus about 10,000 per diem and who knows how much more overtime. Some guys are flying 100 hours a month I hear... I seem to average 40-50.

I am a young single FO with a dead-end regional and no hopes of upgrading for another 6-8yrs, when I get around the 4000hr mark I would love to fly for you guys. I see that the only domicile is YIP but it seems everyone I talk to lives far from there. Do they airline you to wherever you need to go for the trip start? I am only at about 2000hrs now, is it even worth getting a resume on file yet? Or just wait until 4000? Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has a recent interview gouge on connie? Not much on will fly for food and its old. Thanks!!

To Go or Not To Go, that is the Question

Whiskerbizkit said:
17 days on. must be hard on family life.

Kinda of funny, that comment. How about being away from home for 2, 3, 4 or sometimes 5 months ata stretch! A 17 on and the rest off per month would be manna from heaven for me and others like me.
Problem is we would take up to 50% pay cut by coming to Kalitta, maybe more. It's a real dirtbag having to start over for the umpteenth time. How does one really know they are applying to the "right" company? I've had more layoffs and furloughs the past decade to fill a book......and never made it to the LHS because I've always stuck it out hoping for the best. But reality never works that way.
So, what would you do? Forgo the big paychecks and the lousy lifestyle of an ACMI carrier who doesn't really care and go into the unknown or stay where you are making the money but never getting the chance to enjot it.
That my friend, is the BIG question, as Shakespeare once said.
Decisions, decsions..........easy if it were not in this industry! :confused:

Yes, but I would dearly love to be wrong.......trouble, is I'm usually right, except in choosing employers!!!!
I fly TF-registered airplanes:) ....

Latest resources

Back